Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: France 19  (Read 9317 times)

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
Re: France 19
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 12:51:11 pm »

No excatly robbed by the ref, the fault was strong and non acceptable for a world cup team. By the way : a try with playing at 14 :-))  it's a pity for them, Welsh deserve to win !   

I'm crossing my fingers for a New Zealand / France final.   Humm a Australia / France means we have a chance ! otherwise : no chance for a final versus the black in "Kiwi land"  :embarrassed:

Xtian 

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 10:08:43 pm »

I feel extremely sorry for the Welsh team; they played most of the match with 14 men but, in many ways, were their own worst enemies. They missed 5 out of 6 shots at goal - 4 penalty attempts and a conversion, any one of which would have won them the match. They scored the only try of the game, even though they were a man short, and should possibly have scored another. The French, on the other hand, were uninspiring, and are no chance of winning the final. (Sorry Xtian)

As far as the send off itself goes, the referee was abiding by the letter of the law, but I felt that a yellow card would have been sufficient as there was absolutely no malice in the tackle. Such decisions ruin matches, and that was the case in this particular game. Referee Alain Rolland has a French father an Irish mother and lives in Ireland, but I don't think he should set foot in Wales any time soon :o <*<

Peter.

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »

Hello

I fully agree with you, and as I said the welsh deserve to win. Sport is also a question of luck and Welsh don't have that time with so many shots  I do not agree with you about the re

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 10:28:44 pm »

I do not agree with you about the ref

I'm sure you wouldn't, Xtian, but the 65,000 Welsh supporters who watched the game on big screens in the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, probably would agree with me  O0 :-)

Peter.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:24 pm »

tonights game is the true final. hopefully the AB's wont do their usual choke but even if they do at least we can claim a win in that the aussie coach is a kiwi and a cantab at that. :-)) in the opinion of a lot of kiwis, deans should be the AB coach anyway. especially after the grahan henry ' judge me on my results' fiasco of the last cup.

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 11:15:10 pm »

Hello

I was not supporting French or Welsh this morning (european time), it was the same for me if the winner is Welsh or French. In my mind I'm mostly Kelt and my name is old welsh, this morning the good play was welsh only the luck was french ... and luck is part of the game...

I almost fully agree with you (except referee decision), as I also said before, the welsh deserve to win. Luck is also part of sport and Welsh don't have luck that time with so many bad shots at goal and try not converted. On the other hand the only french actions are these 3 drops ...  Believe me no one in France is happy with this game :  some time only the result is nice

One thing is about the de referee decision, yes this is the letter of the law. I think it's not nice to think about because his father is french and so on ... It's like an insult to talk like that about a referee.  In the past this referee have always applied this law with red card and it was the case last february with the French Florian Fritz.  This referee was many time on the 6 nations cup without any talking like that !

Then talking about the law is not a good way to play, the law is supposed to be well known and must be applied - I used to play rugby when I was young and is was an important point. By the way as I said, playing with only 14 : Welsh score the only try of the game, really they deserve to win ...

Now I'm really affraid for the final  {:-{ . If it's versus Australia we have a chance with the 16th player as all Kiwi in stadium will support French   :embarrassed: 

French best enemies are the Rosbeef (french nickname for the English - like Froggies on the other way)  and the best kiwi enemies are the Australians  <*<  So : French and NZ are like friend versus English or Australian  :}

Anyway wait the NZ/Australia game !!! (Tomorrow morning her in Europe)

Xtian

pugwash

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 11:44:39 pm »

Before the match started I was rooting for France but after that decision to send off Warburton even I was supporting Wales.
I follow rugby all through the season and though the tackle was not the best  I have seen just a bad get off with
a blast from the ref or at worst a yellow card. the problem was the legs were lifted above the hips though in this case only just.
  I dont think Wayne Barnes or most of the other refs would have sent him off and it really spoiled the match.
The better side certainly did not win.

Geoff

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 12:13:53 am »

Yes the better side certainely did not win.

But I don't want to blame the refereee, the law is the law and must be applied properly  -  Then the welsh play was better but such a the bad luck with so many shots to goal and the try not converted - really bad luck as welsh were the best team on the stadium.

Xtian

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 04:37:14 am »

I think it's not nice to think about because his father is french and so on ... It's like an insult to talk like that about a referee.

Xtian, please don't misunderstand me, I was not suggesting that the referee was biased in any way, I just think that he was too strict in his application of the rules.
He also missed some very obvious infringements, most notably when a Welsh player played the ball with his hands while on the ground after being tackled, not once but twice. He then awarded a penalty to Wales when it should have gone to France. He also made a number of other decisions which were "puzzling" to say the least.

Now the big question - who will win between Australia and New Zealand? Australia won the last time these two teams played, but have a bad record against the All Blacks at Eden Park. My heart says Australia, but my head says New Zealand :(( Both teams have injuries to key players but, as Xtian says, most of the crowd will be supporting the home team, and that's a big advantage. Australia is capable of winning, but I am not at all confident that they can. We will know in a few hours.

Peter.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 09:12:24 am »

5 - 0 to AB's at the moment. 9 mins.  gone.  please feel free to say if you dont want or need  score updates.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 09:51:43 am »

14 - 6. half time

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 09:53:34 am »

5 - 0 to AB's at the moment. 9 mins.  gone.  please feel free to say if you dont want or need  score updates.

C'mon mate we do have TV over here now you know.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

hopeitfloats

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 10:13:26 am »

believe it or not i did know that.  just didnt know if you were getting it live hence asking if anyone wanted to know the score

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 10:48:03 am »

Hello

Humm ... The blacks are 2011 world champion : ou alors on a le cul bordé de nouille  ok2

Xtian

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 10:48:14 am »

20-6

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 09:43:16 pm »

The All Blacks outplayed Australia in every department of the game, and the 20-6 scoreline flatters the Wallabies. New Zealand is a complete team, their attack, defence, kicking, ball handling and general strategy is on a different level to other teams, and I think France will be completely overwhelmed in the final.

Go the All Blacks :embarrassed: O0

Peter.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 11:15:01 pm »

The All Blacks outplayed Australia in every department of the game, and the 20-6 scoreline flatters the Wallabies. New Zealand is a complete team, their attack, defence, kicking, ball handling and general strategy is on a different level to other teams, and I think France will be completely overwhelmed in the final.

Go the All Blacks :embarrassed: O0

Peter.
Steady on Peter, you are becoming to sound like a Pomme, not what we expect from an Aussie.

Still I think you are right, I'm sure the All Blacks can beat a team whose national insignia includes a chicken.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2011, 06:19:34 am »

Hi guys, I was watching at 3 am in the morning just after the Korean F 1 race( Vettel just drove away from the rest, he is quite brilliant & the best since Senna) I had forgotton what a great game Rugby is. I agree the AB's were by far the better team in all departments & deserved to win. They will not be stopped in the final. Mick B.
Mick B.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 06:29:17 am »

Steady on Peter, you are becoming to sound like a Pomme, not what we expect from an Aussie.
Still I think you are right, I'm sure the All Blacks can beat a team whose national insignia includes a chicken.

{-) {-)

Richard, as Australia is out of the Cup, I will support our Tran Tasman cousins who, I believe, can beat any team at the moment, regardless of its emblem. New Zealand is a small country, with a population similar to that of Sydney or Melbourne, but they produce great Rugby players (and race horses).

Peter.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:18 am »

Hi Peter the Irish are the best with race horses, you heard it here first LOL. Mick B.
Mick B.

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 01:22:04 pm »

Roll on the 6 Nations now, revenge will be sweet!!

If Wales field roughly the same squad who would want to bet against a Welsh Grand Slam win!

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 04:16:01 pm »

RE. Wales v. France.

"The letter of the law" which has been quoted also permitted a Yellow Card for the alleged offence or none at all.

Common sense says that instead of immediately jumping in with both feet and whipping out the Red Card the Ref should have consulted with the Line Judges and seen a video replay before coming to a decision that had such a major effect on the game.  I noted at least two similar incidents in the Oz v. Kiwi match and they went unremarked by the Ref.

Finally, whoever thought they could put a half-French Ref into that game without causing controversy needs their head examining.  The standard of reffing is often poor and you have to question if some appointments are political and made just to keep particular RU's happy.

Barry M

pugwash

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 04:36:07 pm »

Barry I agree with most of what you say except about a half frenchman in charge.  Alain Rolland has been a frequent ref at Leicester Tigers especially
during the Heineken Cup.  He isn't popular because he can be really pernickity and he never seems to have any idea what is going on in the scrums
but you could never call him biased towards the french teams.
I don't think they will have him reffing in Wales for the foreseeable future though.
Geoff

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »

Geoff,

I'm not saying that Rolland is biased  %) just that putting him in charge of that game immediately laid him open to the charge. A bit more thought on the ref scheduling would have avoided this.

If Sam Quade turned to reffing and was put in charge of a NZ/Aus game ............  :o  :o  :o

Cheers,

Barry M

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 07:21:32 pm »

Sorry, Senior Moment

Paul Quade = Quade Cooper

BM
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.