Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 2011  (Read 2570 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
F1 2011
« on: October 09, 2011, 10:07:27 am »

Japan.

( Spoiler alert! )

1. Well done Jenson, proving himself a very mature and 'end game' driver.

2. Lewis Hamilton .... hmmmm, maybe needs his dad's influence track side again.

3.  .... Well done Sebastian (through gritted teeth!)

Japan: First whole race I've watched all year, a good race overall, very technical and a lot of strategic calls by the teams.

F1 seems to be a race about tires these days, which I like.
Don't miss refuelling at all.
Good to see Schumacher leading a race, even if it was just for a short time. I do hope he gets a
podium finish before he retires again. Not much to choose between the the top teams which is good.

NB: Is KERS still being used?

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Nordsee

Re: F1 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:42:46 am »

I agree, but I wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been Hamilton who pushed Vettel onto the grass at the Start? Been a bit of a foregone conclusion since about halfway thru the Season. But well done Jenson, far and away the more succesful driver in the Team. No dramatics, but solid results. Maybe next year at the top again?...

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 12:45:13 pm »

I have not watched any F1 for years, not since a race was either won or lost by what happens in the pits, rather than what the driver did on track.

its about time "telemetry" and pit decisions were  removed from the sport the drivers make decisions for themselves.

this is how it all started, so why not take it to a better level of competativeness again?

rallying banned and outlawed group B super cars, so why cant other disciplines do the same?
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

Nordsee

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »

Before there will be any major changes they will have to get rid of Bernie the Buck, he has all there  is to say .

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 09:32:23 pm »

Nice to see JB doing so well, and the Hun does seem to be quite a nice young man.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:22:02 am »

J B was smooth & fast, kept his head & deserved to win,in a good car he is equal to the top 5 or 6 drivers in F1 on any given day & what a nice girlfriend to hurry home to.  Vettel is probably the fastest of them all, cool under pressure, gets along well with his team & it is obvious he enjoys racing. It is obvious too that the other drivers have great respect for him. Hamilton is a great driver on a given day but he has not had many this year. He does not handle pressure well, does not get along with his team,in fact I don't think the team likes him. He is still making rookie mistakes as well. He can never be counted out & he will win a lot more GP's yet. Alonzo can drive any car past it's performance potential, stays out of trouble & is always well placed at the finish. Mark Webber is also cool & top notch, he is a terrific backup for Vettel. He is also the only current F1 driver as far as I know that did not start his racing career racing Karts. Do I like F1 ?. you bet, I stay up all night so I don' miss a race.I think I have most all the books ever written on F1. It's nice to see all the best teams are British based, still the best Auto Engineers on the planet. Mick B.
Mick B.

brianB6

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:15 am »

We had V8 supercars around Mt. Panorama for 161 laps this weekend.  %%
Up and down 175 metres to the mountain.   I have driven round the circuit and coming down the 'esses' was frightening enough at the legal 60 kph limit.   :embarrassed:
Makes F1 look tame.  %)

Capt Jack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:55:33 pm »

Up and down 175 metres to the mountain.   I have driven round the circuit and coming down the 'esses' was frightening enough at the legal 60 kph limit.   :embarrassed:
Makes F1 look tame.  %)

Didn't JB, come over there and have a drive of a V8, this year or last, don't know if it was a race or not, something to do with the Vodaphone tie up.  How did he get on ?

markymar93

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 09:18:46 pm »

fingers crossed for button for tomorrow. think it will be a good race

hopeitfloats

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 10:15:16 pm »

Makes F1 look tame.  %)

i dont know about making F1 look tame but it certainly throws up interesting results. thats the one race on the V8 calender where you cant predict who will win. unfortunately the same cant be said for F1 the last few years. i still cant stop myself watching it though.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 07:07:55 am »

Hi all, Vettel just drove away from the field, he is quite brilliant, the best since Senna. Hamilton kept his head & drove Mark Webber crazy trying to pass him. ( Webber failed ). JB just did not have the power to get a better position, but he was his usual smooth self. Funny Michael S having an accident that was not his fault. Mick B.
Mick B.

nick_75au

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 10:06:30 am »

This season has been one of the best for a while even with that pesky German winning all and sundry. Even better now with the rather large HD 60 inch TV :} we have recently purchased.

F1 has always been about the technology.

gregk9 if you haven't watched a race recently you are missing out on some great wheel to wheel.

Martin KERS is used and will remain, DRS is a boon, partly fixed the inability of the car behind to pass. I think that it should be available at all times like in qualifying but with the provision of the 1 second rule,

It was a disadvantage  in the Korea race, best overtaking point was at 1st corner but DRS zone on second main straight, happened several times where a car would overtake at first corner only to be re taken at DRS zone and held up for the rest of the lap.

Nick

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 07:37:37 pm »

Hi Nick you got it right, some of the battles between Webber & Hamilton took my breath away.( I raced for 19 years ,62 to 81) The racing this year has been the best in a long time. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.