Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: RE EBAY LISTING BEWARE IS THIS RON BOAT OR NOT ??????  (Read 18666 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RE EBAY LISTING BEWARE IS THIS RON BOAT OR NOT ??????
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2011, 11:01:27 pm »

Hi Alan,

Any response from Ebay or Paypal yet?

Cant speak for anyone else but I've had no response from fleabay regarding the listing I flagged up to them.

AT Boatyard

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2011, 11:58:39 pm »

Hi Alan,

Any response from Ebay or Paypal yet?

yes martin got all my money back and ebay have kicked the con man off
regards
alan

pugwash

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2011, 11:59:52 pm »

A good result in the end Alan

Geoff

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2011, 09:50:54 am »

Hi all , We used to say that there was a sucker born every minute, but I think that has changed to two every 30 seconds. This is how I deal on Ebay, I check the sellers feed back & take particular note of how complaints have been handled. If their feed back is less than 99% I will steer clear of them, NO exceptions. Any slight suspection & I will wait for another to show up, I don't let greed drive my buying. With over 400 Ebay transactions I have had trouble two times, both were corrected by Ebay to my satisfaction. It is always a judgment call but with a little care you can save yourself a lot of grief. Buyer beware still lives on. Mick B.
Mick B.

The long Build

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2011, 01:04:33 pm »

To a point I agree, but I have also seen sellers ratings trashed by just 1 buyer who felt that a used and worn item should not have any marks on it and wanted a partial refund, they got the refund but still neg'ed the seller for no good reason..That 1 neg would take them below your threshold of 99%, which at the end of the day is your descision, however I will look also at the person /s who have negged a buyer I might be interested in and see if they have a habit of doing so, how long they have been on ebay etc etc..

I can almost guarantee that if all sellers (not ebay) had similar ratings as to ebay None of them would be 100 % as you can never please everyone and you always get 1 plonker buying stuff..

Reading the boards more buyers are complaining about the price of the postage, where in a lot of cases the postage charged is less than they have been charged, this really urks me as if you bid on something you can see the cost of postage so if your not happy move on.

TailUK

« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2011, 08:56:45 pm »

There are wise words here.  Like so much else folks tend to forget "Caveat Emptor".   As one who has sold and bought on ebay I always look at feedbacks as a guide to buying and ask questions where I have doubts.   Also I look at the spelling of the listing, most conmen don't seem able to spell.
 As a seller I'm certain I've been ripped off a couple of times by people claiming not to have received the goods and having to give refunds.  But how can you prove some guy in Australia did get a parcel without paying the PO double to do what they said they would do in the first place.  All standard postage rates should come with a guarentee of delivery,  you shouldn't need to pay extra for it.
It's become quite fashionable to knock ebay but it's still a useful resource provided people take the same sort of care they would take in any retail situation. 
I ordered some GRP resin yesterday and was able to buy a quarter of a kilo whereas my local supplier would only sell me a full kilo.  Like any other tool Ebay can work if you use it properly.

As for the numbnuts selling the lifeboats I just hope they can find a suitable yardarm.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2011, 04:41:07 am »

...  But how can you prove some guy in Australia did get a parcel without paying the PO double to do what they said they would do in the first place.  All standard postage rates should come with a guarentee of delivery,  you shouldn't need to pay extra for it.

I don't use the PO any more. Delivery is slow, service is poor, and prices are often not competitive.

Now I use parcel2go.com for domestic and international. You get instant quotes online from 4 carriers/services. They use DHL and other major carriers, offer a range of delivery options (1day,2day, slower), and are sometimes much cheaper than the PO. Added bonus they collect from your home. I also think (can't remember) that tracking is online.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:34 am »

If you want to use DHL and have more than one parcel to send internationally to the same recipient then use http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/ as they cheaper for multiple packages
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2011, 07:13:51 pm »

You need to watch out for the smaller, franchies. One setup used by the firm I work for  decided that he wasn't making enough money. Locked up his unit and left..... with our goods inside, weeks before we got  the stuff back.
Fastway turned out to be slow-way...or even no-way
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.