Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4 GHz upgrade for Robbe Futaba / Graupner JR Systems  (Read 6095 times)

livesteam

2.4 GHz upgrade for Robbe Futaba / Graupner JR Systems
« on: October 12, 2011, 10:20:38 am »

Hi
For quite a long time, I was looking for a 2.4GHz upgrade for my Robbe F-14 Tx which is fully equipped with multiprop and multiswitch modules as well as a navy twin stick. It's difficult to find a System that supports all the modules. I then found German manufacturer Servonaut which offers a system called "zwo4". Altough quite expensive, I decided to buy it as I read many excellent reviews. There is one major drawback: As it has been mainly designed for Truck modelling, The system is not full range, only about 100m, which I decided, would be enough for my purposes.
Benefits:

- very simple to install
- LED on Transmitter that shows quality of signal and Rx battery status
- Tx module includes an extra channel (so my F-14 has actually 9 channels now)
- it's possible to switch off the model with the Transmitter and change to another model (great little extra in my opinion!)
- great customer service

I haven't read something about it here, but I thought those of you who would like to use their old multi-function system might be interested in it. There is even a distributer for UK: Oranda Design

It works with many of Robbe Futaba F-Series Transmitter (incl. the new FC-16 boat'n'truck) and there is a version for some Graupner JR Systems too. I know it is indeed expensive but on the other hand, I realy want a reliable system to use with my valuable models. And this one realy IS reliable. I haven't had any errors so far.
Cheers
Kaspar

kno3

Re: 2.4 GHz upgrade for Robbe Futaba / Graupner JR Systems
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00:20 pm »

Interesting but expensive. Are there any other recommended 2,4 Ghz alternatives for the Futaba FC 16?

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:39:32 am »

Thanks Livestream for the review, I too have the F14 & have been thinking of upgrading it to 2.4GHZ's. Mick B.
Mick B.

ACTion

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 08:58:47 am »

I contacted the UK distributors of the Robbe-Futaba radio a while back on behalf of a customer and was told that the F14/F16 add-on modules (i.e. all the knobs and switches fitted into the cut-out panels on the Tx) don't work if you convert the radio to 2.4GHz. I found that strange. Can you confirm or refute that from your own experience, please?
Dave M

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:34:09 am »

I converted my FC-16 to dual 40mhz/24ghz use with a Corona DIY set which you can get from Giant Cod or Hobbyking.

Works a treat, very happy with it. You need moderate soldering skills for this conversion, and a multimeter is useful too.

I don't use the Robbe add on modules, so cannot confirm or deny whether they work or not, but I can't honestly think of a valid reason why they shouldn't.

If you want a conversion which doesn't involve soldering, then the Jeti system is well worth a look, but it is more expensive.

livesteam

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:48:28 am »

I contacted the UK distributors of the Robbe-Futaba radio a while back on behalf of a customer and was told that the F14/F16 add-on modules (i.e. all the knobs and switches fitted into the cut-out panels on the Tx) don't work if you convert the radio to 2.4GHz. I found that strange. Can you confirm or refute that from your own experience, please?
Dave M
Hi Dave
The original Robbe add-on (multi-)modules do work with the Servonaut 2.4GHz System. There is just one drawback: the Tx-modul has to be fitted in one of the multi-module slots on the transmitter. So this means you will only have space left for one (F-16) or two (F-14) multi-modules.
Cheers, Kaspar (satisfied Action customer)  :-))

ACTion

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 04:25:13 pm »

Thanks very much for that, Kaspar - concise, crystal clear and very useful info. Glad you're a happy camper, too!
Dave M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.