Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW CINEMA MOVIES  (Read 3135 times)

nhp651

NEW CINEMA MOVIES
« on: October 09, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »

How many of you guys ever bother to go to a cinema these days because of the rubbish that's on screen.

Too much computor aided graphics and impossible "special effects" such as cars doing trebble somersaults through the air and landing on their wheels ( get the drift) have spoiled it all for me......I like to be entertained, not bewildered by impossible stunts..... such as Daniel Craig leaping 50 feet into the air on a single bound.....nah...it just doesn't happen in real life.........

Well........I went with my kids today to see a new movie just out, this morning and for those who like Rowan Atkinson..his new film "Johny English Reborn" is a must.

I laughed from start to finish, daft but just daft enough, and a total spooof on the latest James Bond, Transporter and all other implausable special effects movies.It puts them into the shade when "believable" is a foriegn word.

If you want to be entertained, amused  and not bewildered, just go and see it.

I loved it, and kept being dug in the ribs by a daughter each side, who said my laughter was embarrasing them.

Well worth a viewing, and if you don't laugh, you either must be deaf, or Germanic without a sense of humour, {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

I can't wait for it to come out on DVD

neil.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: NEW CINEMA MOVIES
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:09:11 pm »

That's the first good review I've read. All the rest wonder why he bothered.
Don't Assume Check

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »

I NEVER EVER take notice of reviews..........and I love rowan atkinson's bumbling idiocy.

I'd love his money too. O0 O0 O0

rmaddock

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »

I haven't seen it yet, but I loved the first one.....despite the critics.
The first was proper British, intelligent humour. Too subtle for some perhaps.

deadwood

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:43:26 am »

Hi Neil,

as you are still alive Johny English's comedy can't be as lethal as this killing joke.
Because this joke is attributed to have had a significant influence on the victorious outcome of WWII for Dear Old Blighty we Germans can't be such a people "without a sense of humour".
Maybe it is only a matter of proper translation? But remember, "on one word each for greater safety"!

Because I am a great admirer of all English nonsense I surely won't miss Johny English in the undubbed original version which luckily a few cinemas in Berlin will show.

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 11:41:44 am »

enjoy it my friend...it really is good fun.
 O0 O0 O0
neil.

fatcat123

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:31:27 pm »

The cinema for me is a bit of a love hate affair, probably infact about 90% hate and 10% love. Yes we get to see new good films in 3d and all the rest of it blah blah blah, however i resent paying £7 odd to see the film to then have 30 minutes of adverts thrust in my face before the film to starts and then there's drinks and popcorn etc... When the film does start, people are rustling wrappers, coughing, talking, chomping on popcorn, kicking your chair or tapping their foot on the floor behind you and whatever else. its just no fun, and i only go as and when i get moaned at to go.

Every program i watch on tv these days is recorded, purely so i can skip adverts.

Sorry to put a downer on the thread and be the miserable one, someone had to and its my turn today!

{:-{

rmaddock

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 02:30:11 pm »

Sorry to put a downer on the thread and be the miserable one, someone had to and its my turn today!

Don't apologise! I agree completely.  It costs us a fortune to go tot he cinema with both children in tow.  So normally we don't! My wife had a funny turn a few years ago and bought me a home cinema for my birthday and since then we just wait for everything to come out on bluray.  Our cinema has perfect focus, comfortable seats, on-demand "convenience breaks", licensed bar and a real fire!  Better than the Apollo in Barrow-in-Furness any day.  O0

deadwood

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »

It costs us a fortune to go tot he cinema with both children in tow.
May I ask you how much the cinemas charge on average per ticket in the UK, just to compare to our prices?

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 03:09:04 pm »

May I ask you how much the cinemas charge on average per ticket in the UK, just to compare to our prices?

Our local charges £7.75p for an adult over 18
£23.00 for family ticket 2 adults + 2 children.

I haven't been to watch a film at the 'Flicks' since 1975..and I don't intend to start again now either!!!

JB.

Edit...here's a photo of the Johnny English Video...+ Carry On Camping {-)

My wife says they don't work on our vid player now..we went digital (forced into it) I don't know don't watch TV anymore <*<
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

wbeedie

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 12:49:35 am »

The cinema in Portree charges £5.oo for adults and £3.50 for kids only open on weekends and shows four films a month , all about 5 month behind torrent releases  excpt for the Harry Potter films which they managed to get Special Preview nights a day before most other cinemas , I think it was something like 30 cinemas got this
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.