Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: lighthouse removed from lake  (Read 12464 times)

garston1

lighthouse removed from lake
« on: October 13, 2011, 08:31:31 pm »

I read yesterday in our local rag that some powers that be at New Brighton have seen fit to remove the model Lighthouse from the boating lake. The reason being so I've heard is  because a member of the public's boat steered into it and sank! How can anybody hit a small lighthouse in a lake the size of New Brighton's? Anyway they complained to the Council who in turn asked the club to remove said item! The lighthouse was not doing any harm at all and i reckon the member of the public should have been watching what they were doing. Instead the removal has spoiled a lot of enjoyment to members and public alike whom used to like sailing around it. I can't believe the Council acted on ONE complaint. It wasn't a health and safety issue, it couldn't explode nor could it become a health hazard. It was made from a tyre and expanded polystyrene, it must have been hit with a hell of a wack! Bloody Jobsworths!

fatcat123

Re: lighthouse removed from lake
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:39:22 pm »

Sadly theres no common sense left in the world..

people need to seriously get a grip of their lives and stop blaming the world for their mistakes and incompetence.

this type of thing makes me angry, id personally drown whoever this fool is and the jobsworth who took them seriously.

<*<

AndrewB

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 08:45:45 pm »

Can they cone over to NZ and remove the reef that the Rena is parked on  <*<

garston1

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »

For anyone wondering how big the lighthouse is, here it is in the background! Pathetic or what?? (click the pic)

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:32:16 pm »

I'd have told the official that if he didn't go away and quickly I'd have used  the aforesaid Lighthouse as an enema on him, for speaking so much ****

I just can't believe the crasse stupidity of both the official AND THE IDIOT who sank his model by sailing into it..........no word s strong enough, lol >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 10:25:05 pm »

.... can someone remind me the purpose of a lighthouse again please?!?!?!    {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

garston1

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 10:29:02 pm »

.... can someone remind me the purpose of a lighthouse again please?!?!?!    {:-{

LOL  {-)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 11:11:51 pm »

Very good Martin - straight to the point!

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »

on the other side of the Mersey at Newsham park the council decided to fit a Duck stand in the middle of the lake, they put in a base that was about 2" below the water and left no marker warning  So a couple of days later Paul was testing his Huntsman at speed and found a way of ripping the running gear out of a boat.
I think he should of gone for compo

Peter

pettyofficernick

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 12:24:55 am »

Typical knee jerk reaction from the illustrious dons at Wirral Council. I have crashed into the same lighthouse at high speed on a number of occasions when seeing how close I could get to it at speed (when no one else is on the lake of course) and suffered no damage at all, so how this blokes boat was damaged enough t sink it I do not know. My hull is made from 1/32nd ply and has stood up well, The lighthouse is only polystyrene, I was worried in case I had damaged the lighthouse! Anyway, the odd sinking is part of the fun of model boating, isn't it? heres a picture of said boat undergoing harbour trials. :-)) :-)) :-))

garston1

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 01:27:07 am »

Typical knee jerk reaction from the illustrious dons at Wirral Council. I have crashed into the same lighthouse at high speed on a number of occasions when seeing how close I could get to it at speed (when no one else is on the lake of course) and suffered no damage at all, so how this blokes boat was damaged enough t sink it I do not know. My hull is made from 1/32nd ply and has stood up well, The lighthouse is only polystyrene, I was worried in case I had damaged the lighthouse! Anyway, the odd sinking is part of the fun of model boating, isn't it? heres a picture of said boat undergoing harbour trials. :-)) :-)) :-))

It makes you think, doesn't it??

colin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 07:11:05 am »

Perhaps they will remove the outer edges of the pool in case he hits them as well and put some gelatin in the water so it does not run away.

Colin
Born free Taxed to death.

pettyofficernick

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 10:32:38 am »

Perhaps they will remove the outer edges of the pool in case he hits them as well and put some gelatin in the water so it does not run away.

Colin

Or drain the lake completelyand have all model boaters attach wheels to their creations, thus avoiding all possibility of a boat ever sinking again! >>:-( >>:-( :-))

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 10:34:45 am »

Maybee this idiot had a sub  {-) {-) {-) and he didn't know it 

Peter   O0

thegrimreaper

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 10:58:47 am »

No Peter Subs don't sink they submerge then surface again so it wasn't a sub the idiot was running did anybody see the incident ?? has the wreck been recovered? or is it now a sunken obstacle for my sub to run into in the middle of the pool because if it is then I will have to see the man from the council if the sunken wreck so much as scratches the paint on my sub ------not.

Regards Mark

nhp651

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 11:40:42 am »

No Peter Subs don't sink they submerge then surface again
Regards Mark

correction Mark.. they do!!!...............the only sub I ever built.a ron perrott Resolution.............errrr.......definately sunk....... {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) %% %% %% %% {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ <:( <:( <:( <:(

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 11:45:59 am »

No Peter Subs don't sink they submerge then surface again so it wasn't a sub the idiot was running did anybody see the incident ?? has the wreck been recovered? or is it now a sunken obstacle for my sub to run into in the middle of the pool because if it is then I will have to see the man from the council if the sunken wreck so much as scratches the paint on my sub ------not.

Regards Mark

well the BBC made a mistake.  O0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3193625.stm

The long Build

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »

Quite right it was removed  :-)) can you imagine the catastrophic explosion if it had been a high speed steam powered launch   :} :} :} :} :} :} ok2 ok2   ;D ;D

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 01:43:32 pm »

Quite right it was removed  :-)) can you imagine the catastrophic explosion if it had been a high speed steam powered launch   :} :} :} :} :} :} ok2 ok2   ;D ;D

{-) {-) {-)

just told the story to the wife...only got half way through and she burst out laughing and said I knew it O0 {-)

It might just be me but it smells a bit, I've never been to New Brighton so don't know the setup, not upset a boater anyone...could have a mate in the council...

Jb.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

treeboa

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 02:19:20 pm »

sounds about typical for wbc, wonder how long it will be before you have to pay launching fees  O0

mersey dave

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 04:47:56 pm »

Hi All, On this matter i would just like to say that i have been in contact  with the council for over a week now and we are both working together in sorting this issue out.
The council have said they are like the rest of us and want to see people down at the lake enjoying themselves. So for the time being all i can say is things are going very well and we are all happy. :-)) :-)) :-))

Regards Dave.

rmaddock

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 05:22:29 pm »

I've just seen you lighthouse on an episode of "Coast". It looked truly viscous to me - must have been inches high! {-)

pettyofficernick

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 05:43:50 pm »

I have never heard of a lighthouse being a hazard to navigation before, has anyone else? :D :D

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 05:51:44 pm »

Its just occurred to me what the problem is/was/could be...

No one though to light the candle...
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

garston1

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 05:56:54 pm »

What does the sign say at Eastham? 'Welcome to Wirral, a pleasant place to grow'. We will be also be building a nice brick wall around the peninsular, everyeryone will be under curfew, the council will watch your every move, having fun will be punished by being deported to Liverpool, no get together of more than 4 people, You will obey us!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.