Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: its my ESC for ships and boats with Reverse...  (Read 5111 times)

rathikrishna

its my ESC for ships and boats with Reverse...
« on: October 14, 2011, 02:34:59 pm »

Good evening all of my Friends and Colleagues..when we examine the history of RC modeling, we will meet many milestones and innovations, all the while, and we will meet some sweet days, as many steam driven boats and crafts were controlled with control lines. i saw some footage that about some model race, is with steam driven boats, real steam engines in scale, and modellers holding some control lines on their hands. from that moment, then we reach to the some higher levels, in controlling, by means of electronics. it became as escapements in RC. i consider me as fortunate, as a modeller, because my first remote controller was toy based, means, i took the controlling circuit from a toy car,was operated by sound, as one gun like device makes tik tik noise when the trigger was pressed.

at present, all we are even more fortunate, that now we enjoys and ensures the reliability of 2.4 Ghz FHSS. no more noise issues, clashing..easy..and excellent control..

so, for a boat or ship modeller, one of the main criteria is to follow, in motor applications, is reversing the direction of motor, or motors, for forward and reverse applications, it is an essential, in boat and ship modelling,to start the craft, and to brake. reversing is essential especially if we are operating our craft in cramped canals and water with high currents.

so i was using some switches to achieve the reverse in my water based crafts, but took more space and clumsy wirings...then i asked for an ESC with reverse, but much expensive..so i designed and developed one for my use in ample of my crafts..its all simple, all based on some proven basic circuits, and some scraped materials. working well...and it can hold up to 30 amps, for brushed motors, with BEC of 5 volts 4 Amps as it is intented to connect 6 or 7 standard or HD servos in need..
collecting all needed components...

soldered it all in a flat manner to save space..

rathikrishna

Re: its my ESC for ships and boats with Reverse...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 02:36:23 pm »

only some few external components are needed to solder..

completed wirings..

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:37:22 pm »

shows the size comparison..

and time to test..

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:37:46 pm »

i used a high torque motor with gear set up, as the boat need not very high rpm, but torque..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »

time to check..yes..see the cool video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8Vjs4MggU

after thorough checking and application..whats a work without a sticker on it...imagination..and printing...

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 02:39:47 pm »

oh..sorry..a wrong photo...apologize..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 02:41:15 pm »

Friends..its too easy to make one...and it is a must in boat modeling...

treeboa

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:51:21 pm »

second time you have posted similar, well done, however for those of us not in the know how about adding the circuit diagrams ansd what parts are used, that way those of us that fancy a go may be able to produce similar :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 02:58:40 pm »

Hai Friend..its sure i will post all circuit diagrams here, and waiting for a component, is far capable than that i used at present, is cheaper than used and lighter also. when i post the circuits and needed materials, you will find its all too easy... :-)

treeboa

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 03:08:06 pm »

Look forward to this and having a go  :-)), i have a triple shaft/motor project i fancy giving this a go on. The cost of three esc has put me off going that route

gwa84

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:49 pm »

i would also love to see a serckit diagream and parts list so i could have a go at this myself  :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 10:27:25 am »

sorry for the delay in reply my Friends..got some health issues..now back in life..will post all needed,simple circuit here are simple but proven in real time applications.also post high capacity ESC circuit using all inexpensive components like ordinary PTs.a simple single rail MOSFET assisted ESC can haul the entire tripple motor load, and can fix the heat sink on hull by making an apropriate opening.as i am working on my new big tug boat using three high power reworked motors,is intented for real river crossing ability.please give me a little time, as i am looking for a simple component, to expand the pulse rate of receiver so can control  the motors even more precsisely. :-))

MikeA

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 03:51:45 pm »

ive been wating for you to put a plan up. ive also asked sub john to help me as i want to make my own esc's too.

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 12:46:34 pm »

sorry for the delay Friends..by this night i will make some good drawings and will post soon...its too easy..and powerful..proven..

rayna

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 01:13:00 am »

:embarrassed:
apologies OF course it reverses.
Rayna

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 05:34:51 am »

its too hard to upload any photographs..will try again..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.