Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings DMI Admiral Restoration  (Read 4391 times)

loinerlad

Billings DMI Admiral Restoration
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:43:56 pm »

Hi,
A while back I posted some pictures of my new project, A Billings DMI Admiral, Just thought I would share with you some pictures on the progress so far on this boat, as you can see I have started to make a completely new superstructure as the original one was very weak and had seen better days. The hull has been stripped down to bare wood and many coats of primer have been applied to give a nice thick smooth finish once I decide on a colour scheme for this boat. I have purchased all new radio equipment to be put into her, It will be run by a Torpedo 850 motor with a new ESC to replace the original mechanical speed controller, new servos, battery and new rx and tx will be fitted.

This is the first time I have attempted to make a new superstructure from scratch so hope you think it looks ok so far  :}

below are the original pictures from when I first bought it, I know it looked half decent but believe me the finishing on this boat left a lot to be desired  {-)

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Billings DMI Admiral Restoration
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »

Looks like youre doing well.Sadly pictures do look better sometimes than the real thing.Ive learnt that the hard way buying off E Bay.John.

loinerlad

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 07:13:59 pm »

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to make some window frames for this model?

loinerlad

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:44:02 pm »

More updated pictures of the restoration of this model, I decided to put my own design to the front as I didn't like the curved window on the original model

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.