Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bismark in bits  (Read 9407 times)

jinks8

Bismark in bits
« on: March 18, 2007, 09:41:01 pm »

this is my attempt at the ship not very good at computer stuff but will try to keep it going to the end this is what i have built so far no problems yet i have never built in wood and only one or two others but hear i go. this was th first parts. will have to miss second parts and move to part 3 all went to well fine the parts are made well and go together with out a problem sanded all bit and using premium wood glue water prof hope pics are ok John

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Bismark in bits
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:51:20 pm »

Very good but how do you get away with building boats on your desk/ ???

Richard ;)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

jinks8

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:27:53 pm »

Live in a small flat not much room the gig clips on to key board tray will have to go to sons garage to do all the messy jobs painting and the like. This is my work space but if thing are put away and i keep the place tidy will get the job dun.when i have stopped work it has to go up on to wardrobe you can just see gig top of picture. have 2 more boats in room as well

Vladimir

• Shipmate
    • MUSEUM OF BALTIC SEA
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 05:02:18 pm »

jinks8

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 06:38:17 pm »

thanks Vladimir if that is your ship it looks good  This is one of my other ships HMS Cossack.got part 4 Tuesday not as good fit as first not as close fitting but when it is glued in ti will be OK.will post picks shortly. john

Vladimir

• Shipmate
    • MUSEUM OF BALTIC SEA
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 07:40:24 pm »

It is work of my friends.

Best regards.
Vladoimir

jinks8

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 07:47:37 am »

Sorry all not bean well do surfer a bit from depression not because of model do suffered from bad back but still not to bad now. back to the Bismark   got up to part 7 get part 8 to morrow only one problem so far if you could call it that,a slight difference in hull base thickness                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               This was not a problem it had to be filed and sanded so reinforcing timber could be glued on. pic,s sofar

jinks8

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 01:45:36 pm »

well not much more to do now will let pic's say it all----------                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      wellthat is itfor the moment by the way we moved now have shed to work in goody goody gum drops

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 02:04:01 pm »

Looking Good!
What props are those?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

jinks8

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 02:36:37 pm »

got all my props motors couplings and shafts from Markus in Germane they are supposed to be as near the real thing as you can get you may be Abel to get in touch with him on build the Bismarck site

Wasyl

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 10:16:51 pm »

I want a set of these Props,they are the Biz

Wullie

brianc

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 10:22:01 pm »

George Sitek does them...1/200 scale £20.50 a set :-))

jinks8

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 01:09:54 pm »

all i can say is if you go on to build the Bismarck site and go to remote control bit then Germ am RC you may be Adel to get hold of Markus from there

jinks8

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 04:58:24 pm »

Well the finished job  hope you think it is a job well done                                

The photos taken by Dave one of the lads that go down to the Glen Gardens in Filey on a Friday,The vid was taken at B'M.B.S lake Carnaby and that is what it should be on title not B.M.B.C hope you enjoy <*< 8) will miss this build but have one in a plastic box whiting to be started %%    best of luck to all those still building  

steve pickstock

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:18:46 am »

Proper job!

Nice work.

jinks8

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 01:15:01 am »

Don't know what happened to photos in last post but hear they are again                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 11:16:25 am »

Looks like a seriously impressive model - great work!  :-))

Was it entirely built from the Hachette/Amati partwork, or did you make any scratchbuilt modifications and additions? The level of detail on the superstructure, fittings, ship's boats, etc. (not to mention the two Arado floatplanes) is superb.

jinks8

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 11:56:50 am »

No the only nods where cutting out timber to get lights and motors for the guns in.HO and the running gear from Germany not the part works running gear got vid of her on the water now she sails beautifully. The header on the vid should read B.M.B.S and not C.

jinks8

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 12:00:41 pm »

Just one more thing this is a link to all photos of build go to bismarck http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/jinks8/bismark/?action=view&current=Bismarck01_0002.flv

jinks8

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 07:46:07 pm »

darn first lot of photos are back
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.