Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build the Bismarck - a "Hachett" job?  (Read 1278838 times)

lilgoth

• Heavy Metal pirate
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Build the Bismarck - a "Hachett" job?
« Reply #1400 on: September 10, 2016, 11:42:05 pm »

Anyone still working on this ?

i had one back in the day, but unfrotunatly i had to leave the project in the hads on my stepfather (who turned out to be as useful as  a chocolate teapot )

but i picked up another off the Evilbay, which seems complete, annoyingly i was planning to R/c this model and the person that started it glued the deck down, and hasnt drilled holes for props and such

the original hull, in the terrible shape it is in, will require a third level of planking to get it into shape so i plan to model as a different ( fictional) ship, most likely i will 3d print a ton of parts and turn it into the 'Galaxy Class' battleship from the Videogame Supreme Commander,
The Cake Is A Lie

The Cake Is A Lie

The Cake Is A Lie

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1401 on: September 11, 2016, 12:18:30 pm »

If you are going to over plank the deck, they why not check to see where in the rear superstructure it can be prised up or even dremeled off, any repair to the superstructure sides will be as easy to do than trying to convert it to the space ship, as would RC conversion, with careful planning, all the rear could be removed and replaced after stripping off the decking as you were planning on repairing this by laying another layer on top.

If you have the books then, knowing where the structural bits are, will help you to find the best places to cut.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

lilgoth

• Heavy Metal pirate
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1402 on: September 14, 2016, 11:32:42 pm »

i uploaded the Wrong Photo, the photo i posted of Bismark is the hull im completing AS the Bismark as per the original instructions ( albiet with R/c and perhaps lighting )

if i am to R/c it, i will have to dremel the deck off ( and im not looking forward to THAT ) and then perhaps worse, drill a hole for the Prop Shafts.

how would i go about drilling holes into the completed hull for the propshafts ? and does anyone who has R/c their Bismark know what Propshafts i will need

i will try to get some photos of the other hull, so show just how bad she is ( there is a part of me that thinks she may be beyond salvage )
The Cake Is A Lie

The Cake Is A Lie

The Cake Is A Lie

Sonar

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1403 on: July 02, 2017, 11:11:56 am »

i uploaded the Wrong Photo, the photo i posted of Bismark is the hull im completing AS the Bismark as per the original instructions ( albiet with R/c and perhaps lighting )

if i am to R/c it, i will have to dremel the deck off ( and im not looking forward to THAT ) and then perhaps worse, drill a hole for the Prop Shafts.

how would i go about drilling holes into the completed hull for the propshafts ? and does anyone who has R/c their Bismark know what Propshafts i will need

i will try to get some photos of the other hull, so show just how bad she is ( there is a part of me that thinks she may be beyond salvage )

I myself am hoping that by the time I get to issue 135 It should state what size the props and shaft should be.

Failing that  any information would be welcome...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.