Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tens Machine ?  (Read 7434 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Re: Tens Machine ?
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 09:35:59 pm »

Hi HS93, I was not been sarcastic, more like trying to make light of our ills. I suffer from a bad heart, gout, high blood pressure,weak kidneys, & I also have sleep apnea. I have had a stroke which has affected my short term memory. I have injured discs in my back( accident ) I will not allow the doctor to operate. I walk on a leg that the doctors wanted to amputate & it is now 1//2 inch shorter than the other.( accident ) I fell off a ladder 3 years ago & tore 4 tendons in my left shoulder, they refused to operate because of my age. I take Codeine 4 to control the pain in my shoulder. I am left handed so now it is hard to do a lot of things I used to take for granted before.The codeine causes skin rash, sometimes quite bad. I have lost 2 brothers & my father to heart attacks. But I get up in the morning on the right side of the grass & my glass is always half full. We only have today & last but not the least, say something nice or do good deed for someone today because today is all we have( in case you think I am religious, I am NOT, just trying to stay positive,) Mick B.
Mick B.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 09:48:32 pm »

Peter (HS93) I missed that I carry nitro everywhere in my pocket( for my heart ), broken ribs twice, broken wrist, broken thumb, two broken toes, & of course the broken leg, & last cartledge removal from my left knee. Thats all I can remember now. Mick B. PS- All this does not make me less sympathetic to your condition.
Mick B.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 10:39:17 pm »

Peter (HS93) I missed that I carry nitro everywhere in my pocket( for my heart ), broken ribs twice, broken wrist, broken thumb, two broken toes, & of course the broken leg, & last cartledge removal from my left knee. Thats all I can remember now. Mick B. PS- All this does not make me less sympathetic to your condition.

if you want to play top trumps (health version) unfortunatley I have you beat,   {-) and funny enough none of it was my fault, I just wish I could get my wheel chair up a ladder  :} %% {-) {-)

anyway can we get back to the serious topic of tens and if it may help John Mk2
Peter

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 11:00:41 pm »

I have a doctors appt on Monday, I'll be making my problems clear to the doc who I suspect doesn't know my previous history, any mention of TENS will be rejected outright, my feelings are 'self pain management' now, (OK its not working too well at the moment) its very difficult to try to advise someone else how to relieve chronic pain...I think its down to the individual.

In my case the only light at the end of the tunnel is stem cell treatment which is experimental  at the moment.

JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

treeboa

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 11:29:37 pm »

lilyanns told me she has a way to sort the pain in her life - she threatens to take me the vets for the BIG needle  {-) {-) {-)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 03:13:23 am »

Peter I was not playing trumps, I actually missed two, prostate problems ( unknown as yet but scary, will know on the 28th) & I have had no thyroid gland for twenty years, I live because of centroid. Anybody in a wheelchair has my sympathy. I think you have taken what I said totally the wrong way. I was trying to lighten things up, after all none of us are leaving this planet alive. Getting back to tens, my better half is a qualified massage therapist & tells me the results with tens is a mixed bag, it works well for some people, her advice is to try it, you never know it may help you. Mick B.
Mick B.

pugwash

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 08:25:35 am »

JB, just a thought but if a hot water bottle is inconvenient why dont you try a heat pad - they don't use too much electricity
and are like mini electric blankets about 16" square. and quite cheap to buy - and like the blanket they have 3 or 4 heat settings.

Geoff

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:57 am »

JB, just a thought but if a hot water bottle is inconvenient why dont you try a heat pad - they don't use too much electricity
and are like mini electric blankets about 16" square. and quite cheap to buy - and like the blanket they have 3 or 4 heat settings.

Geoff

have you got a link to them anywhere, I use gel bags you microwave and have a stock of one off use ones for when I am out but the small blanket seems like a great idea
Peter

pugwash

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 08:37:39 am »

just done a quick google - here is one example but there are several on the market but would suggest buying a reputable brand
to make sure the insulation is at least CE approved.

Geoff

http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod164068

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 08:48:09 am »

just done a quick google - here is one example but there are several on the market but would suggest buying a reputable brand
to make sure the insulation is at least CE approved.

Geoff

http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod164068

thank you for that

sorry John Mk2  for taking it off your topic but it may interst you as well

peter

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 09:53:47 am »

Geoff

Geoff thanks I think you are right, I need something more convenient now, I can plug it in under my desk...spaghetti junction under there...its a good job I don't have everything switched on at once!

I've done as search too, Amazon was at the top...hot water bottles and heat pads for back pain..ha ha...my new bottle is there with some customer reviews, had to laugh at this one...

This review is from: Cassandra Hot Water Bottle Double Ribbed (2 Side) - Colours May Vary (Personal Care)
I was disappointed when I received this hot water bottle to discover how small it is. My old hot water bottle, purchased in Boots in 2004 measured 9" (inches) by 12" (14.5" including the neck). This Cassandra bottle measures only 8" by 10.5" (13" including the neck), and thus holds proportionately less water, about 70% of the volume of my old bottle. With this reduced thermal capacity, the Cassandra bottle does not retain a sufficiently high temperature throughout the night to meet its purpose. I cannot decide whether it is the global warming faction or the health and safety brigade who have put pressure on the water bottle manufacturers, but it has deprived us of much needed warm comfort during long cold nights.

Made me smile anyway {-)

I think I'll pay a visit to the local chemist where my son found the 'Cassandra'...mine is pink too! a fiver it cost, I'll bet they have heat pads and for less than Amazon and the like, any problems and it can go back...

Just need to get myself in the car! ...getting out is even harder but the thought of bringing home a heat pad this morning will help

I think all this is relevent to john mk2's question...heat pad or as a stopgap a hot water bottle for the LSS O0

JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:19 am »

HI JB, I used the small blanket when I hurt my back & also my ribs, it worked well & gave me a lot of relief. Mick B.
Mick B.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:50 am »

HI JB, I used the small blanket when I hurt my back & also my ribs, it worked well & gave me a lot of relief. Mick B.

Thanks for the info Mick, I have tried to buy one at the weekend but none in the local chemist's, I have an appointment with my GP at 9am today... less than an hour to go, I'm still in lots of pain from last week, if the doc can't help with something like the electic pad I'll try at a larger store, I know I could order online but I prefer to see first and then decide.

Have to go now...I need to park easy outside the surgury!

Cheers for now :-))

JB.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 09:11:05 pm »

Hi Lads

I have my fair share off ills and pains but my interest in tens is for my kids (18 and 25)  <:(  Any chance a tens machine with a timer could be over amped and connected to a  couple of beds? I'm desperate to get the little darlings off their backs during daylight hours  >>:-( Unfortunately their mum still loves them.

Regards Norseman

bikerdude666

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 09:22:36 pm »

Hi Lads

I have my fair share off ills and pains but my interest in tens is for my kids (18 and 25)  <:(  Any chance a tens machine with a timer could be over amped and connected to a  couple of beds? I'm desperate to get the little darlings off their backs during daylight hours  >>:-( Unfortunately their mum still loves them.

Regards Norseman

1 pad on either cheek, on a medium power setting, apparently it feels like your teeth are gonna fall out! or 1 pad on each palm and a high power setting makes you lose control of your arms, your arms bend up so your hands are up under your chin and elbows in your stomach, with your finger tips bending down trying to touch your wrists!

go on someone give it a go, its quite funny!

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 10:19:17 pm »

:-)) Bikerdude - Oh the temptation is too much ................ but SWMBO would kill me. Apparently our children are a protected species but I'm on the pest list and can be legaly shot.

Norseman

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 07:08:42 am »

Found an electric heat pad ... :-))

last one in the shop! its good and the constant heat is much better than the hot water bottle for longer sessions at the desk so I can also recommend trying one for back pain etc..

I paid £20 in a local electrical shop.

Oh.. the doc has referred me to the hospital vascular department...pulse in my feet is weak, circulation trouble {:-{

Cheers

JB.

bikerdude666

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 08:53:10 am »

:-)) Bikerdude - Oh the temptation is too much ................ but SWMBO would kill me. Apparently our children are a protected species but I'm on the pest list and can be legaly shot.

Norseman

lol women are funny about kids, I've now got a son, he's 5 days old, but any attempt at a joke about him is met with a sharp slap!

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:52 pm »

Well  bikerdude666 ...things will get better  O0 ....or things will get worse   :o...but in the end it will all be  :-))

Congratulations on the new family addition ...grow him up to be a model boat builder  :-) [be him be a brain surgeon or a pastery cook]  {-) Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

thegrimreaper

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 04:34:29 pm »

lilyanns told me she has a way to sort the pain in her life - she threatens to take me the vets for the BIG needle  {-) {-) {-)

treeboa never mind a tens machine mate I dont think the volts/ampage woyld be enough just plug yersen into the mains  :} :} :} :}

treeboa

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 09:52:28 pm »

treeboa never mind a tens machine mate I dont think the volts/ampage woyld be enough just plug yersen into the mains  :} :} :} :}

she says with the price of elecy it would be cheaper to go the vets  {-) {-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.