Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ticket touts.  (Read 2420 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Ticket touts.
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:03:19 pm »

I thought this had been made illegal, you know, where an agency or person bought tickets then sold them at vastly inflated prices?

I decided to book 2 tickets to see Andre Rieu at the MEN Manchester, 14 December 2012 (yep, that's right, 2012). Wife and I went to see him ons his Johann Strauss orchestra in April this year so, when another UK tour was announced, decided to go again.

Tickets went on sale 14 October so, I missed the boat. But, it appears lots of ticket agencies are offerring tickets for the show at more than twice the original price ie £98 ticket selling for £200!

So, I've bought 2 tickets for the Newcastle Metro Arena for 15 December. Decided we'll sample the toon's fine hospitality and do some chrissie shop the next day!

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: Ticket touts.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:13 pm »

Its only illegal to resell ticket for football matches (and the London Olympics). The selling price of the ticket is immaterial though, it can be below face value and still be illegal.

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:00:34 am »

Don't need touts , you just get fleeced by the originating sellers, get charged £3.00 per ticket even if you pick them up at a box office for administration on most concerts, shows etc..  :-X

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 10:36:21 am »

This firm has them at face value plus the ***** booking fee

http://www.gigantic.com/g~affiliate=stereoboard~g/gigantic/event_gce_30814a.html

but don't know anything about them......

Seats - £80

£80.00

£7.40

£87.40

£174.80

Block 104 (Lower Tier), row N, seats 9 to 10

alan rushbrook

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 03:25:35 pm »

You can get tickets to his concert here in Cape Town next August for between R390 to R1030 ( at current exchange rate of R12.60 to the GP pound = 34.95 to 81.75 pounds, sorry no pound sign on my keyboard ). It will cost you an air ticket to Cape Town. But Cape Town even in the middle of winter is quite pleasent, Table Mountain, several wine routes, Robin Island and some excellent restaurants. You can always fly here via Dubai (which is the way we fly from here to the UK) and take a stopover in Dubai for some shopping some excellent bargains although whenever HWMBO gets near the gold souk (market) I tend to tighten my grip on the credit card.
Just an Idea
All the best
Alan R

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:05 pm »

Hold 'ALT' key and press 156 for the £ sign if your using something by Microsoft.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »

You can get tickets to his concert here in Cape Town next August for between R390 to R1030 ( at current exchange rate of R12.60 to the GP pound = 34.95 to 81.75 pounds, sorry no pound sign on my keyboard ). It will cost you an air ticket to Cape Town. But Cape Town even in the middle of winter is quite pleasent, Table Mountain, several wine routes, Robin Island and some excellent restaurants. You can always fly here via Dubai (which is the way we fly from here to the UK) and take a stopover in Dubai for some shopping some excellent bargains although whenever HWMBO gets near the gold souk (market) I tend to tighten my grip on the credit card.
Just an Idea
All the best
Alan R

We'd just need to get new UK passports at about 100 quid each though. Would be nice I guesss. Still, looking forward to the concert in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Roll on 2013 (well, almost!)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:10:38 pm »

£......£  {-)   thats very interesting Mankster ....thank you ....... alt+156 = £ ... :-)) ...Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

alan rushbrook

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 07:16:12 am »

£ Thanks you learn all sorts of things on this forum
All the best
Alan R

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 01:44:04 pm »

£......£  {-)   thats very interesting Mankster ....thank you ....... alt+156 = £ ... :-)) ...Derek

Look up ASCII on tinernet. There are lots of codes using ALT and numbers to produce alternative characters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.