Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: non yellowing varnishes.  (Read 2023 times)

uboatbuilder

• Full Mayhemer
non yellowing varnishes.
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:36:09 am »

Hi guys im looking for a durable non yellowing varnish that can be used over humbrol paints for our revell type 7's. dont want to brush it on, but airbrush or aerosol if possible. Any suggestions?

Grant

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: non yellowing varnishes.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 10:27:05 am »

The Humbrol "cotes" don't yellow. I haven't tried airbrushing them though. I have just bought some Revell varnishes specifically for airbrush - gloss and matt. Haven't used them yet so don't know if they yellow ;)

I also have been recommended Phoenix aerosols.

Barrie

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 10:33:49 am »

The Humbrol "Cotes" airbrush very well without much thinning. The only problem you might have is finding any. I heard in Hobby Stores this week that Hornby are building a factory in Broadstairs to manufacture Humbrol paints but that it will be 18 months before anything dribbles out of the door.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 04:09:25 pm »

I read in a traders e-newsletter that there were two Airfix shipments due from China. The first had the new RNLI lifeboat model, the second paints - enamels and acrylics. Can't remember now when these were due, but I think the kits were due in UK in March and the second conainer in April. Hopefully it will have some of the varnishes in it ;D

According to April's MMI, the lifeboat will be available from April, so these dates look right.

Barrie

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 06:03:12 pm »

Having spoken with the Airfix rep last week I can confirm Barrie's post that the Airfix lifeboat is on its way and that the container is apparently showing on their inventory as being due here in the UK before the end of the month. The start of distribution should be early April. As regards the new Humbrol paints they are scheduled to arrive some 2 weeks later so mid to late April I suppose.

Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.