The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

SHANNON CLASS

(1/3) > >>

Rottweiler:
  Just heard that ST.IVES CORNWALL is to be the first station in the country to have the new Shannon Class Lifeboat.This will replace the present Mersey Class "The Princess Royal,Civil Service Number 41" which will be well over 20 years old, in around 2 years time. The for-runner of the Shannon,the FCB 2,was given a lot of trials in St.Ives Bay.That will be the fourth type of Lifeboat that will have been stationed there during my Lifetime, the names were (in order) "Edgar George Orlando and Eva Child", "Frank Penfold Marshall" and "The Princess Royal Civil Service Number 41". I have 1/12th scale models of all these,so I will have to increase my collection to include the new one. I hope this one will have a shorter name,as it costs me a fortune to get the names printed.I display my models around Devon and Cornwall,and so far this year I have raised almost £1900.00 for the R.N.L.I. my best ever.

nhp651:
they're telling you hopefull porkies, Mick............Scarborough and Hoylake are supposed to be in line for 13-001, 13-002 !!

furball:
And down here, we've heard it's Dungeness...so I think that all of these have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

ok2

Lance

johno 52-11:
If you look at the press release is says "one of the first" and looking at the number of times Tenby's Tamar has gone back to Poole would you want the first of a new class  :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

nhp651:
NO!! %% %% %%

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version