Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dulux  (Read 2147 times)

wullie/mk2

Dulux
« on: October 26, 2011, 04:07:27 pm »

I can hear you all now, falling off yer seats, in howls of laughter, and mirth,...but its true, I recently bought a Fleetscale Rodney, that had been painted with Dulux vinyl emulsion,the guy who built and painted the model, gets all his colours from his local B&Q,he gets them to mix the paints to the required shades, then buys a 1/4 lt, at a time,he sprays a final coat of acrylic matt varnish over everything, to seal it...He only paints the superstructure with the emulsion, the hull is painted with acrylics,...and to daste, this Rodney has been sailed 4/5 times, 2 of which were when it was raining, and the emulsion, never ran,...so it just goes to show,that even a household paint can be used to paint a model,

daveorgan

Re: Dulux
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 05:59:02 pm »

i use emulsion as undercoat sometimes fantastic stuff and you get a real good key for top  coat  better than any primer

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 07:00:24 pm »

I have used many household paints on wooden hulls and only finish off with Humbrol.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

tr7v8

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 08:29:46 pm »

I'm on quite a few full size boat forums & most of the US builders use latex as they call emulsion to paint their boats with. They regard the people using enamels as the strange ones!
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.