Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RTTL restoration and sailing trials deans marine  (Read 272 times)

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
RTTL restoration and sailing trials deans marine
« on: March 20, 2024, 03:18:04 pm »

Hi All Another restoration  model project, a nice easy one this time.This prototype model is of the R T T L launch in the RAF Hendon museum. This model was the first production model of a range of A R.T.R built models with design input from Deans Marine, produced by K Y models in China and distributed by Pocketbond under the Nautix range many years ago. This model is the demonstrator mode, one of 2,  used by Deans Marine at shows and exhibitions all over UK & Europe. The boat is now upgraded with stainless steel shafts, brass A frames and brass propellers.  2 channel radio with linked motors on 7.2 volt NiMh battery. A great sea boat with docile handling and a very colourful model as per the real craft. Now surplus to requirements as the model is no longer available. It will now be developed as  a full kit. Must be sold as we need the space in our showroom so it will be going up for sale soon, see our website in the sale section for details.asking price complete with radio and battery is £650.00   see her on trials on you tube here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OAHyNvrBU
 Ron dean

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
Re: RTTL restoration and sailing trials deans marine
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 11:41:33 am »

I've got one of those, the Nautix range models I mean, and very nice it is too.  :-))

I need to re-build the mast, in brass I suspect, as the original resin one is far too fragile and snapped frequently.  :((
Regards
Kit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.