Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qantas in OZ  (Read 1449 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Qantas in OZ
« on: October 29, 2011, 11:06:54 pm »

>>:-( this is a very serious issue here {:-{

1. Qantas is the national face of travel in OZ & proudly to the world [remember those patroitic "still call Australia home" televised images?]
2. Qantas still has the highest safety record in the world
3. Qantas has never shut down their own complete flying system in 91 years
4. I travel six times per year domestically & always on my carrier of choice = Qantas
5. I don't like the manner of the current CEO & his actions..... or his reported 71% salary increase approved by the board of Qantas 3 days ago
6. I didn't think the previous CEO giving himself an AUD$28M farewell bonus was equitable either
7. The previous CEO must have been a very smart man as he is now on the Board of the Reserve Bank of Australia..... :kiss:

Now to the other side of the coin  :embarrassed:

8. Qantas must deal & negotiate with 7 different unions/associations
9. Jetstar [owned by Qantas] deals with a reported  2 different associations
10. Virgin deal with one combined association
11. Juilas Government will do nothing ....[krudd] will sit in the cloudy wings watching the Labour CORKASS progressively disappear further up its collective rear end.....

<:( <:( <:( I am going to book my December flight & prepay now .....with Virgin.......Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Qantas in OZ
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:07:43 am »

Qantas CEO, Alan Joyce's decision to ground ALL Qantas aircraft as soon as they land, wherever they may be, is totally unbelievable, and unprecedented in the proud history of the airline. Thousands of passengers will be stranded, and I would venture to suggest that the majority of them will vow never to fly with Qantas again.

The unions and the airline management are both at fault in this dispute - the unions for making unreasonable salary demands, and the airline for failing to negotiate in an appropriate manner. To add fuel to the fire, as Derek pointed out, Irishman Alan Joyce was just given a 71% pay increase himself, which dramatically weakens his bargaining power as pilots and other staff are asking for a much smaller raise. His salary is reported to have risen from A$2.92 million to A$5.01 million per annum - nice work if you can get, AND deserve it. Under Joyce's management, Qantas has moved many of its operations off shore, and is now being referred to as just another Asian airline, something which saddens and angers many Australians. If the "average" Australian was asked if Joyce deserves the raise, I believe the answer would be a resounding NO!!

Peter.

brianB6

Re: Qantas in OZ
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:17:41 am »

My son was due to fly back with Qantas from Canberra on Tuesday. Has had to book on Virgin.  <:(
I wonder how long Qantas will survive now they have lost the respect of most Australians for leaving them in the lurch.   >>:-( >>:-(
No doubt the CEO will get his payout when they close down.  <:(

RaaArtyGunner

Re: Qantas in OZ, could be true
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:59:03 am »

Suppose there is no reason, to believe this is not true, as all Aussies are aware an Irishman now runs QANTAS  %) %) %)

A  Irishman wants a job, but the foreman won't hire him until he passes a little math test.

Here is your first question, the foreman said.  "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

"Without numbers?"  The  Irishman says? "Dat is easy." And proceeds to draw three trees.

"What's this?" the boss asks.

"Have you ain't got no brain?  Tree and tree plus tree makes 9" says the  Irishman.

"Fair enough," says the boss.  "Here's your second question.  Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."

The  Irishman stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree... "Ere you go."

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"

"Each of da trees is dirty now.  So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, plus dirty tree.  Dat makes 99."

The boss is getting worried that he's going to actually have to hire this Irishman, so he says, "All right, last question.  Same rules again, but represent the number 100."

The  Irishman stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go.  One hundred."

The boss looks at the attempt.  "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!"

The Irishman leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree and whispers, "A little dog come along and pooped by each tree.
So now you got dirty tree and a 'xxxxx', dirty tree and a 'xxxxx', and dirty tree and a 'xxxxx', which makes ONE HUNDRED!"

The Irishman is now head of QANTAS    {-) {-) {-) %% %% %%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.