Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Boats Magazine  (Read 1620 times)

rustbust

Model Boats Magazine
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:21:30 pm »

Hi all,

I'm a waterline ship modeller and I'm keen to track down a copy of Model Boats magazine from the 1970s. The one in question contained a full page advert for Superior Ship Models, an American Manufacturer.  It was either 1975 or 1976 I think.
 If anyone happens to have these magazines I'd just like to know which one the advert appeared in and I can start looking for it.

Cheers,

G.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Boats Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 05:40:12 pm »

I don't recall the advert although I did used to have a collection of Superior warships. What is your particular interest in the ad?

You can of course still buy Superior models from Alnavco: http://www.alnavco.com/warship.htm

Colin

rustbust

Re: Model Boats Magazine
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 12:09:08 pm »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for responding. I was keen to scan it and put it onto a waterline site as some others had expressed an interest in seeing it. 

I've got 3 old and faded Model Boats magazines from the 70s on a bookshelf and enjoy leafing through them every so often.

There's invariably some elderly chap called Reg or Bert who spent 10 years building a 12 foot long battleship.   Excellent!

Graeme.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.