Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is Dan Lobb anyway?  (Read 2806 times)

mrsgoggins

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Who is Dan Lobb anyway?
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:43:16 am »

Whilst displaying the new £50 note on ITV's Daybreak the "presenter" pointed out the images of Boulton and Watt and admitted to not knowing who they were! 
Thank goodness that engineering is no longer of any importance and that our future is secured by sport and dancing.
I feel better now - have a nice day.
Chasing perfection but not running fast enough!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Who is Dan Lobb anyway?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:52:43 am »

our future is secured by sport and dancing
That should be framed and illuminated.  As an epitaph for the country.
That we are led to think that anybody should be regarded as having a valid opinion about anything because they can run and kick or leap about, or dress up and pretend to be somebody else really does beggar belief.  Unless it's a deeper conspiracy that any of us think.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 09:59:50 am »

bread and circuses <:( <:( <:( <:(
..well can you land on this?

pettyofficernick

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:06 am »

And to think we once lead the world in engineering! Do they still teach our children about our innovative past, or has all that been swept under the table now in favour of  'cultural awareness' lessons,'kick the ball', 'bat the ball' 'hopping and leaping classes'. When I was at school we had wood work, metal work, technical drawing, physics, chemistry and biology. Now they have 'science' and ' technology' Is this so teachers don't have to work too hard? No wonder the country is going to the dogs! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*< <:( <:( <:(

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 05:22:10 pm »

Does raise the question that do most so called presenters actually know anything about what they are supposed to be presenting.Or is it just a research team behind them telling them what to blather on about? John.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 05:41:44 pm »

Does raise the question that do most so called presenters actually know anything about what they are supposed to be presenting.Or is it just a research team behind them telling them what to blather on about? John.

Last night's TV piece on an RNLI rescue featured two morons who decided to walk along the beach at Dover despite the tide coming in and filmed themselves holding 'Danger Risk of Cliff Fall' notices which had apparently  been dislodged by a cliff fall. Definitely potential Darwin Award candidates who should be sterilised... However the preliminary voice over reminding people of the 'famous white cliffs of Dover' was accompanied by aerial views of Beachy Head and the Seven Sisters.

One all I reckon.

Colin

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:57:58 pm »

1/ Very, very rarely
2/ Yes there is, but if they were paid what they were worth, their research would be along the lines of "Would you like fries with that, sir?"
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

mrsgoggins

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 08:46:06 am »

This morning he tried to do a serious interview - didn't work!
Chasing perfection but not running fast enough!

nhp651

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:41:36 am »

Definitely potential Darwin Award candidates who should be sterilised...

Colin

And I thought you were the voice of reason in all things on here, Colin  {-) {-) {-) {-)

Good on yer, matey O0 O0 O0

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 01:42:53 pm »

Well, one presenter who does know his onions is Chris Barry ( Red Dwarf, The Brittas Empire, and loads of biggest this and fastest that programmes). We did some filming with him a few years ago, interested in the models, constantly learning his lines, and if he doesn't have at least one big gauge loco or spitfire at home, I will eat my hat!
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 02:36:52 pm »

I worked on Red Dwarf as a cameraman in the eighties. At one end-of-season party, as we drank in the bar, Chris stood up to thank the production team for the work done in making the show a success. He spoke for about fifteen minutes, without any notes, and impersonating numerous members of the team with an accuracy that was awesome. Much applause followed.

I have never seen anything like it.  :-))

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

FsASTSyd1

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 07:49:20 pm »

Must agree totally with you all on the engineering subject. However, some of these presenters quite often set me off into the day with a smile on my face, but the one last week who suggested that the birds would have less time to find there food because we were putting the clocks back had me giggling all day. %% :-)) {-) :P
Cheers
Syd

cuppa

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »

And to think we once lead the world in engineering! Do they still teach our children about our innovative past, or has all that been swept under the table now in favour of  'cultural awareness' lessons,'kick the ball', 'bat the ball' 'hopping and leaping classes'. When I was at school we had wood work, metal work, technical drawing, physics, chemistry and biology. Now they have 'science' and ' technology' Is this so teachers don't have to work too hard? No wonder the country is going to the dogs! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*< <:( <:( <:(

I completely agree. This country needs more kids who taking dad's lawnmower apart is more fun than playing a computer game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.