Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: OTW Vanguard help  (Read 108947 times)

thegrimreaper

Re: OTW Vanguard help
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2011, 03:06:00 pm »

thanks for the link Mankster got to make a choice now question for you Mankster is it just as easy to add to the fc-16 as it is to the f-14 also using bits and peices from Maplin ???

Regards Mark

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2011, 03:53:57 pm »

Although internally they are different, in terms of expansion, they can be considered the same. As said, you can save a lot of dough by sourcing switches, pots etc. from electronic stores instead of buying the overpriced Robbe items.

The computer on the FC16 is worth having if you have a lot of models, as it enables you to store servo reverse settings etc.. Most of the built in mixing is a waste of time on subs, as you usually end up having to mix on-board the model itself anyway (e.g. x-tail).

Both FC16 and F14 can be converted to dual 40mhz/2.4ghz use, so you can also use the set for aeroplanes and/or surface craft. I used a Corona DIY kit to convert mine.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2011, 05:05:47 pm »

Thanks again Andy also Mankster just bought the fc-16 on 40 MHz with twin sticks, sliders and a lot of parts for the sum of £95.00

Regards Mark

Andy_k

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »

lucky bleeder    <*<
Right which one will I do next?;)

thegrimreaper

« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »

lucky bleeder    <*<

he he he bargain  8) ;D

Regards Mark

Patrick Henry

« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2011, 05:50:56 pm »

Hee hee...I got my F-14 for much less than that.   O0

Rich

thegrimreaper

« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »

yeh but my fc16 is better than your f14 na na nana na  %%

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2011, 06:09:18 pm »

Thats a pretty good deal, the Navy sticks on there own retail for that much  :-))

thegrimreaper

« Reply #208 on: December 24, 2011, 12:06:54 pm »

Ordered online a 40MHz HiTek receiver yesterday afternoon from Sussex model centre (SMC) was realy cheap like £8 for 8 channels it arrived this morning now if that is not first class service then I dont know what is.
just got to sort out a channel 54 HiTek Receiver crystal now.
Thankyou SMC

Regards Mark

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »

batfish

« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2011, 01:05:16 pm »

I would of sold you a Schultz 8.40sw rx for £30 brand new in pink packaging incl delivery.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2011, 01:15:55 pm »

I would of sold you a Schultz 8.40sw rx for £30 brand new in pink packaging incl delivery.

dont know what one of them is Batfish but the reciever was £8 the crystal I have just ordered was £6 so I now have a spare reciever and crystel for my next sub after the Vanguard but sshhhhh dont tell the wife  {-)
Andy thanks for the link looked their yesterday but must have missed it.
Regards Mark

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2011, 11:33:41 pm »

Anyone wanting a RX for sub that uses Crystals, then that Schultze is the one to get. The onboard glitch counter is useful for positiing the reveiver. Works off Futaba single conversion crystals which are relatively cheap and easy to get hold off new and 2nd hand. I had a fleet of Schultze before moving on to synthesised Rx's.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #213 on: December 25, 2011, 08:24:39 am »

Ahhh right live and learn now I know what a Schulz is thanks Mankster

Regards Mark

thegrimreaper

« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2011, 06:40:17 pm »

Cracking on now but ...... cant make my mind up as to what type of seal to use for the control rods their is I think two options 1 is to use rubber bellows available off of e-bay from a company in Warrington just around the corner from me, or their is a guy in Newport that makes a brass tube with ptfe bushes and a rubber seal. Has anyone got or had experiance of the brass tube type??

Regards Mark

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2011, 08:38:46 pm »

Either work fine.

Personally I like bellows, they work well and are low in friction. Pushrod seals appear to be more popular in Europe and the States.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2011, 02:29:04 pm »

OK then bellows it is they were ordered and have arrived same as my f16 radio with twin sticks on the left the seller also included the original stick and a load of switches and veriable pots for the extra channels also has the two lineare chanels populated just got a couple of questions for you guys in the know

Q 1. can I use my futaba charger off my 6EX set to charge the Tx
Q 2. how long shouild the ariel be on a futaba receiver as it looks like the one I have has been cut

Regards Mark

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2011, 03:07:07 pm »

A standard FC16 uses a 9.6 volt battery, which is the same as the vast majority of sets out there, if the plug of your 6EX charger fits in the charging socket, then it should be fine. I use three Li-ion batteries in my FC16, and charge them with a balancing charger external to the transmitter.

Not sure on RX length, I will have to measure mine and get back to you. Is it the R118F model you have?

thegrimreaper

« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2011, 06:39:53 pm »

It is the R118F and thanks for that in advance

Regards Mark

thegrimreaper

« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2011, 08:22:48 am »

Ref the ariel length found out through reading the destructions its supposed to be 100cm long I think this one has shrunk in the wash or even been cut by the last owner  <*< <*< <*< <*<
I will have to strip the receiver down and replace the wire have replaced the twin navy sticks with the single one only because I wont use the twin stick on any of the models I have. Radio works fine all 8 chanels up and running but I have found that the linear sliders seem to be a bit harsh in the fact that the travel of the servos seems to happen in the first third of the slider. probably be able to alter that in the programing.

wish January would hurry up and get here hopfully get my Vanguard in the second week.

Regards Mark.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2011, 10:47:11 am »

Sounds about right. I measured my aerial and it came to about 98cm from the edge of the case, there will be a centimetre or two going inside the case.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2011, 05:23:37 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to check Andy. All the best to you and your family and all the best to all of you other Mayhemers out in the whole wide world

:-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Regards Mark

thegrimreaper

« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01:21 am »

O.K. Christmas is over now so back to my build after looking and struggling to fit everything in to my WTC I decided it wasnt big enough so I recut the support rack and obtained another piece of tube and enlarged the the front portion of the WTC now it is much better and not such a tight squeeze.

this picture shows the old rack

and this is the new rack

Regards Mark

thegrimreaper

« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2012, 10:52:20 pm »

I think that my WTC is now finished just got to check it out for leaks. Over all length is 29.5 inches just got to change the tie rods to brass. awaiting the delivery of my Vanguard, due the end of the first week of Feb also done a deal for a Trafalger which should be sorted by the end of the first week in Feb as well going to be busy in Feb  O0

for now though here are some pics of my compleated WTC

thegrimreaper

« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:51 pm »

Well thats that sorted then NO leaks with the WTC using the water and washing up liquid trick will pop her in the test tank in the next week

Regards Mark
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.