Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: niMh VS Li-Po with Brushed Moters  (Read 8268 times)

Albion

Re: niMh VS Li-Po with Brushed Moters
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 10:50:31 am »

The only issue i have noted so far was that below a certain voltage my charger (which is a lipo / life charger) refuses to work. In that case i just direct connect the batteries for a bout a minute, then connect through the charger.

Davy1

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 01:36:04 pm »

Interesting application. Did you have any problem with finding a supplier and was the price OK?

In the UK, there does not seem to be much choice in supplier etc. The "mainstream" battery technology seems to be Lipos because of their widescale use in model aircraft.

David

Albion

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »

Interesting application. Did you have any problem with finding a supplier and was the price OK?

In the UK, there does not seem to be much choice in supplier etc. The "mainstream" battery technology seems to be Lipos because of their widescale use in model aircraft.

David
One of the local hobby shops was pushing them, bare cells, and also the connectors, so i picked up the smaller ones to try, along with the charger. They stopped selling them as bare cells, so i picked up the bigger ones through a seller on ebay, direct from china. Price was good and delivery fast.

Davy1

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 10:17:42 am »

Many thanks for the advice. I will have a look out for them.

David

Albion

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.