Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtual Sailing  (Read 1158 times)

omra85

Virtual Sailing
« on: November 02, 2011, 11:18:20 pm »

Calling all Virtual Sailors!

Last year, quite a few Mayhemmers joined in a virtual sailing game and had a lot of fun.
The big Round the World race is about to start so, with the nights drawing in, now is the time to sit at the computer and play games  O0
I have tried most of them throughout the year and have settled on the one which I think is fairest.
http://www.sailonline.org/
"SOL" as it is known, is free!  By that, I mean, not just 'free' to play, but you DON'T have to buy "extras" with real money to make the boat competitive.  Eveything is already there - delayed commands (so you can get a good nights sleep), one sail for all (no buying 'pro sails' to keep up with the leaders),  you don't even have to join the "SOL yacht club" (which is their way of raising working finance for the server).  The developers actually post on the forum, although its more just to chat as there are hardly any problems with it!

Because there are only about 700 sailors (many seem to be yachties in real life) it is much friendlier compared with the 'other' race (VORG) with 20000 players.

Anyway, if you're at a loose end for a few weeks - join in and have a laugh.
The first leg of the race starts this Friday 4th Nov from Alicante to Capetown.

The only thing is doesn't have is boat to boat messaging, so if you do join in, stick a note on here and any help I can give, I will.
(alternatively use their "chat" but then everyone can see it - although all seem most willing to help anyway).

Cheers
Danny (my boat name on SOL as well)  %)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 19 queries.