Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rather clever...  (Read 1872 times)

polaris

• Shipmate

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Rather clever...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:14 am »

If only the rest of the Italians drove like that  :}
Don't Assume Check

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:18 am »

Dear Dougal,

I only found the Link by accident while looking for something specific, and, whilst non models, thought it worthy of posting for people to see.

True what you say re Italian driving. Mind you, I have driven in Italy, and have driven in Milan, and, to be honest, thoroughly enjoyed it! What would get people flashing lights and getting all upset over here over the slightest thing (decisive driving is seemingly frowned upon these days - and I do not mean risk taking or risky driving), is just not noticed over there. Mind you, the motorways in Italy are a bit of a battleground, and there seem to be few if any rules!!! I think if one was an aggressive driver in Italy a bullet proof vest might be a wise investment! -but this would be just as applicable in France I am led to believe.

Oh well, back to work!

Regards, Bernard

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:34:56 am »

That reverse spiral maneuver reminds me of either the second or third show we did at the Tower.  While I was helping erect the display stands over the arena seating in the circus, the Tower staff were preparing for the Childrens Panto, which that year was to be The Wizard of Oz.  This needed a yellow brick road, and the circus ring floor was a pale blue.  They spent much time and care marking out a spiral, and set about painting in the yellow brick road, one guy starting from the outside, the other from the center.  They only discovered that they had chosen opposite sides of the line when they met.  Or rather, passed.  There was much cussing and sloshing of thinners.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

steamboatmodel

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 04:54:29 pm »

Our RCMP do something similar but with horses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sspz6LvpW0&feature=related
But if it must be on bikes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98KpsSiGGc
even our city police do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdmxcWR7u-I&feature=related
Regards,
Gerald.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:53 pm »

Dear Gerald,

Thankyou for the Links.

Wow re horses... outstanding :-)) Sorry, this is a deep interest - the other Links are of course very good indeed, but I immediately latched on to the equine drill :-))

Regards, Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.