Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mtroniks Viper marine 25 speed controllers  (Read 11742 times)

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mtroniks Viper marine 25 speed controllers
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 01:35:30 pm »

Dicky.Can i suggest that you program the Esc in Reverse first, then foreward.This will give you full power foreward.I had this problem with two of my mtroniks 25.I did ring the helpline and was told to use servo reverse on my transmitter.It would have been annoying to do this as i would have to have cancelled this every time i sailed another model bonded to my trans.By the way to help other lads what actually were you doing wrong if anything? John.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 02:41:59 pm »

I get the feeling that this is a vintage Acoms, all the ones that I have bought in the last twenty or so years all worked "as is" with everybody elses standard, as supplied items, switchers, ESCs, servos, whatever.  Should a change ever be made to a newer radio, the wires will probably need to be switched back.  Again, if it is an early set, it could be that the pulse logic is reversed.  Just guessing there.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

agemax

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 02:50:15 pm »

yeah i remember now, my receiver was from a vintage tamiya rc car. i had the same problem, just a solid red light on the ESC. when the red and brown wires were swapped, it worked perfectly. the guy in the shop said that Mitroniks should ammend their instructions to include this mod, should you need it.

dickyp

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 03:46:47 pm »

Hi Malcolm

You have hit the nail on the head. It is a late 1980's transmitter originally bought for a Tamiya car.

Will try to set the reverse first and report back if it improves forward power
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.