Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some pics of my 2nd outing at wicksteed...  (Read 6795 times)

bikerdude666

Some pics of my 2nd outing at wicksteed...
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:17:53 am »

Didn't get any pictures of my 1st time out, managed to get my corvette stuck between a pole and a cone... slightly embarrassing, as the wicksteed club were there at the time!

2nd time out I took a powerboat I recently bought, again didn't go too well at 1st, turned a couple of times, then hit a cone, and lost power, had to send the corvette out as a rescue boat, got the powerboat back and the battery was screwed, loose connections and not holding a charge.

Anyway I stuck a spare battery pack in and here are some pics...

bikerdude666

Re: Some pics of my 2nd outing at wicksteed...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:22:08 am »

And some of the corvette

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 07:52:06 am »

glad to see the old corvette sailing.
neil.

bikerdude666

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:11:24 am »

It was definitely a good buy! They both were, good prices and good models. The corvette needed extra ballast in it, but with a slab of lead dead centre and a couple of bricks in the stern it"s incredibly stable, even in the wake of the big tug of the club secretary!

Chuffy

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:22:41 am »

bikerdude666

Glad to see you enjoyed your time down at the lake.It was refreshing that you bought the family with you to enjoy the park and lake. You are not the first to get stuck between the pole and a cone and probably not the last. But next year as this, you may be lucky enough to get hooked up on the Barley straw bales that are dropped into the lake in the spring/ summer, now theres a challenge to free your self from and many a rescue boat has got hooked up as well. Then it's out with the waders! I must say the Corvette looked very good on the water and looked quite at home cutting through the wake of my tug, very realistic indeed.When you come down again we'll try and get some pictures of it.

By the way there is a tug in the club twice the length of mine, but not for long, my serious building period starts after the Warwick show!

Paul

Nige52

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:15 am »

Those barley straw bales ARE a problem aren't they?  {-) {-)

CLICKY

:embarrassed:

bikerdude666

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:12:40 am »

bikerdude666

Glad to see you enjoyed your time down at the lake.It was refreshing that you bought the family with you to enjoy the park and lake. You are not the first to get stuck between the pole and a cone and probably not the last. But next year as this, you may be lucky enough to get hooked up on the Barley straw bales that are dropped into the lake in the spring/ summer, now theres a challenge to free your self from and many a rescue boat has got hooked up as well. Then it's out with the waders! I must say the Corvette looked very good on the water and looked quite at home cutting through the wake of my tug, very realistic indeed.When you come down again we'll try and get some pictures of it.

By the way there is a tug in the club twice the length of mine, but not for long, my serious building period starts after the Warwick show!

Paul

Well hopefully we'll be down again this sunday, but I'm intending on going t a remembrance service so might not be there when any of you are, (don't suppose you know where the nearest service is?) is it the club meet next monday? Want to come along and join if possible.

I did notice bales in there when I 1st went to the park when deciding whether to move up from bristol, what do they get put in there for?

Chuffy

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »

Ref the Remembrance Service There will be one at the War Memorial in Kettering and a large one in Northampton and most if not all the towns where there are Memorials. I don't know about the church services in the area, I did a Google and it came up with nothing other than reports of ones year ago.

I'm not technically minded with respect to the Barley straw but I do know that we don't suffer from alge and weed now, others on the Forum will I am sure know the definitive answer.

Will you be coming to the Boat Show, Wicksteed have a stand there and those members that you met on Sunday will be there.

The next Club meeting will be at the Beeswing pub on Monday the 14th, starts at 7:30 pm though some of us get there at about 7:00pm and is also Di's raffle night with Mega prizes, you will be more than welcome.

Paul. 

bikerdude666

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 02:56:34 pm »

Ref the Remembrance Service There will be one at the War Memorial in Kettering and a large one in Northampton and most if not all the towns where there are Memorials. I don't know about the church services in the area, I did a Google and it came up with nothing other than reports of ones year ago.

I'm not technically minded with respect to the Barley straw but I do know that we don't suffer from alge and weed now, others on the Forum will I am sure know the definitive answer.

Will you be coming to the Boat Show, Wicksteed have a stand there and those members that you met on Sunday will be there.

The next Club meeting will be at the Beeswing pub on Monday the 14th, starts at 7:30 pm though some of us get there at about 7:00pm and is also Di's raffle night with Mega prizes, you will be more than welcome.

Paul. 

I assume you mean the Warwick show this weekend? I was supposed to be going, but it appears the MOT on my GF's car ran out weeks ago, so not sure about driving all the way to Warwick without an MOT. Provided we can get someone to look after our son we'll come to the meeting on monday, can't wait for the raffle, it sounded like the prizes were well worth it! Is there a separate room you go in for the meet, I've not been in there before. If i bring the money can we join or do i need to send a cheque to someone? Thanks.

Chuffy

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »

Check your PM's, we're going off thread a bit.

Paul.

scalloway41

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:31:10 pm »

Hi.
Would be interested in some details of what you are running in the powerboat. I have one very similar that has a ic motor in and I would like to convert to electric. Can you let me know, motor and esc set up. A pic would be good too if you have time.. Thanks very much.

bikerdude666

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

I'll have a look tomorrow, but the motor was already fitted when I purchased the boat, so not sure what it is, I'll see if its got anything written on it. It came with a 9.6V battery but it wasn't holding a charge so I put my 7ish V battery and it was still going well. The Esc is a mtroniks viper marine 25, thats more because I had it lying around spare than it needing 1 that size, sorry I know I'm not much help.

Just thought, doubt I'll be able to read anything on the motor as it's got a cooling coil on it, I'll email the seller and see if they know what motor is in it.

scalloway41

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 07:27:04 pm »

Thanks mate.
Don't put yourself to any bother. It's going to be a winter project anyway so there is plenty of time..
Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 19 queries.