Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So who really won !!  (Read 6377 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: So who really won !!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:40 pm »

We have Mercedes ambulances in Wollongong too  O0

I have seen them lined up at the Mercedes service center for days & days ..........maybe waiting for Daywoo parts?  {-)........................................................................................ %) Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

wullie/mk2

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 10:07:59 am »

My Ssangyong Musso, has a 5 cylinder Merc????engine,made under liscence in Korea,

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 01:22:44 pm »

Following on from the original

If the railways had bought Russian, from say Lada (incidently that's Russian for ship :-)) )would the operators also have to learn Cyrillac script to operate the machines control panels  %%

Dave

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 03:50:34 pm »

Having Russian letters all over the controls would be bad enough, but it would be a mercy that the train was not French.

The winners were the bankers and their mates who started the problems sometime in the 19th century.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Nordsee

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »

I have to drive trains built in Derby by Bombardier and they are far from perfect.       It's no wonder Siemens won the bid to build the new trains.
The railway I work for will be run by the Dutch from February and on the freight side, EWS used to be owned by an American company.
 Since privatisation there has been foreign interests in our railway.   

That's Business I suppose.

Ali.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Siemens products are not  that good. They hide behind the Myth " Made in Germany" as quality. In fact there trains, the ICE for example breakdown, loose wheels, fracture axles (the ICE Rolling Stock have to have monthly X Ray checks on their axles, instead of the promised 200K kms checks, which has resulted in 30% of the trains are not in Service)and derail so often that it rarely makes the News. Also the practise of the German Media to never critisise German products openly, only report negative reports of other Countries , makes the matter worse. Siemens will deliver, late, the end price will be over 40% more than that quoted, and they will be plagued  with problems, all of which will be blamed on the Brits. As an example of Siemens "Forward Thinking" how about an Air Conditioning System that switches OFF when the outside temperatur exceeds 30°C? That is what Siemens installed in their latest model of the ICE !!

wartsilaone

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 08:25:29 pm »

Well on that bombshell,                                                                                                                                                                    More money wasted on behalf of the British tax payer then.

Ali.

The long Build

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »

Also the practise of the German Media to never critisise German products openly, only report negative reports of other Countries

Maybe our Media should take note !!

wartsilaone

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 09:51:48 pm »

Maybe our government should too!

deadwood

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 10:50:10 am »

Also the practise of the German Media to never critisise German products openly, only report negative reports of other Countries , makes the matter worse.
Sorry Nordsee, though I agree with most of the rest of your statement I must say that this is absolute "xxxxx".
I cannot imagine any other industrial nation and their media being more technophobic than us Germans.
Wallowing in continuous concerns and criticism about all possible sorts of hazards and negative side-effects of almost any modern technology is the sheer prime issue of German media.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 23 queries.