Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building the Fairmount Alpine  (Read 2984 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Building the Fairmount Alpine
« on: November 12, 2011, 03:52:40 am »

I have been informed that I put this topic in the wrong place last time I tried to find other modelers interested in building this kit from Billings. I have purchased the kit but as yet have not started the build ( lack of space ) as I am half way through building the Smit Nederland. I may be a bit too ambitious with the build of the Smit as I have installed a bow thruster, fire monitors, strobe, sound system,(noisy thing) lighting including navigation ,interior , deck, & spot lighting. I am using an F14 Robbe/ Futaba to run the system, it may be a little over ambitious for a beginner, feel free to comment. I am at present having problems connecting the different units to the RX .I feel very dumb when it comes to electrics & RC technology & no help to be found anywhere near here. I am also using the Robbe multi decoder 12+2 & have the 12+2 module installed in the F14. I intend to use a similar system in the Fairmount Alpine.I would be happy to talk to anybody by phone that feel they may be able to help ( My nickle of course ) It is quite cheap for me to phone from Canada anywhere in the world. I am hoping that someone on the forum is contemplating  or has started to build the Fairmount Alpine & also has a much greater knowledge of radio & electronics than me, if so I would very much like to hear from you & share ideas & experiences on the kit & the build. To Martin, If there is a better spot for this thread please move it, thanks. Mick B.
Mick B.

bbusa

Re: Building the Fairmount Alpine
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:10:17 pm »

You may want to check this video on Youtube of the building of the Fairmount Alpine by Billing Boats.  It is both educational and an incredible build!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2IkvwZ4eMw&noredirect=1

The builder is "Dirkberserk" and his work is outstanding!

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Re: Building the Fairmount Alpine
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:56:28 am »

Thank you BBUSA, that was well  & truly a nice build. I put it in my favourites. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.