Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green Poppies???  (Read 2246 times)

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Green Poppies???
« on: November 13, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »

Hi All,
I was at the remeberance service today in Glasgow and somene put a green poppy reef down.
I was asked and I don't know but does anyone know what the green poppy is meant to symbolise???

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Green Poppies???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »

I've never seen them and a very quick google revealed nothing - maybe just a florist doing something a little diferent?

Regards Dave

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:12:04 pm »

looked further http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/44314-green-poppies.html so it seems to be Islamic.

Dave

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:13:45 pm »

I believe its for Irish service personel where a red poppy is seen as being 'pro british' and therefore not in keeping with certain factions in that part of the world.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 07:22:25 pm »

Oh OK.

I just regard a poppy as for all the war dead. Why people need to make any disciminations is beyond me - colour creed nationality sex age - lets just remember and respect all who gave their everything.

Dave

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »

thanks guys for the info
I just regard a poppy as for all the war dead. Why people need to make any disciminations is beyond me - colour creed nationality sex age - lets just remember and respect all who gave their everything.
to answer that is because we live in a society with no backbone and allow everyone to make a joke out of us, complain about us, demonstrate about us and live at our expense but do it to these people we are discriminating and being racist.....

The police changed todays parade in glasgow (same route since......1970's) the reason:
they got information that certain groups were intending to set fire to poppy reefs and throw them at the parade and that there was a planned demonstration
for the normal assembly area against the armed forces......

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 07:57:09 pm »

I don't support being in Afghanistan but that doesn't mean the troops there shouldn't be 100% supported and respected - they go where the politicians send them.

Anyone who burns a poppy wreath today goes to prison tomorrow I say ................ and let's make it a military prison  <*<

Dave

treeboa

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 08:16:59 pm »

quick enough to jump on the people in the riots, how about showing they have some balls and do the same with these poppy burners

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:08:27 pm »

Shock horror awe, how could we "tramp"on their democratic right to protest.   %) %) %)

The pollies are too weak and have been infiltrated to prevent the making of strong laws.

Not to mention lawyers who make money out of all this.  >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*<

richtea

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 09:33:25 pm »

A green wreath was layed at the Cenotaph today,
the commentators explanation was that it signified the many Island Nations that made up the Commonwealth, and the wreath was made especially for them at Kew Gardens.
Just one explanation.
Regards
Richard

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.