Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 1770 times)

nhp651

HELP!!!!
« on: November 13, 2011, 10:01:05 pm »

I have a new system on my computer( Windows 7) and all documents these days are written in Microsoft word.
however when I had windows XP all my documents were written in open office word........
I have a set of instructions written for a model I'm building written on office word, but can't retrieve it in my present system of Microsoft word.........any ideas how I can recover it please without it looking hyrogliphiics.
If anyone is able to help, could they do it in words of one sylabal and step by step as I am a computor technophobe.

cheers.
neil.

The long Build

Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:12:21 pm »

What does the file end in ? ie .doc , .pdf etc..  You should be able to open it in W7 if you could open it in xp , however you can get add ins from the microsoft website.

If that fails just send me the file. If that fails I still have xp and could try to convert it for you.

Larry 

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »

Thanks Larry..to tell you the honest truth, I didn't even understand what you said then I am so b**** useless with this technology......but if you could send me your email by PM I'll try sending the document to you.

cheers, neil.

andyn

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:27:16 pm »

Redownload Open Office, way better than Mos and free. Failing that, get a Mac ;)

openoffice.org

Andy :-)

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:30:18 pm »

thanks andy.......i have downloaded open office to the computer, but can't seam to get my old documents to open with it...........but Larry has now the document sent by email so maybe he'll be able to help me.

cheers, neil.

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:39:11 pm »

thanks for the help lads....now sorted.........I should have looked further than the end of my nose for the answer.

cheers, neil.

andyn

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »

Don't forget the glasses next time then mate ;)

nhp651

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:20:33 pm »

If I didn't {-) {-) {-) {-)  at my ineptutude on thse things I'd  <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 19 queries.