Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Ferry Links  (Read 31259 times)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ferry Links
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2011, 08:48:31 pm »

Like it lit up Ali  :  8) - what plans have you got for it next?

Dave

wartsilaone

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »

Well I can't say it's brilliant but I must really resist the temptation to change it. I might put it up somewhere over the stairs.
It's making me want to start a scratch build of this ship but I promised myself I would wait until Carl's kit was ready.

Ali.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2011, 09:16:57 pm »

And I promised not to have any Rum tonight ............. but maybe I got my days mixed up?

Yes I think I did  %) - Honestly I'm not an Alcy

Ali, there must be something you could tweak while Carl is having fun?

Dave

wartsilaone

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2011, 09:22:10 pm »

Due to the high winds this big fat ferry had trouble berthing.....Poor thing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-16093543

I happened to see it passing Cromer on Friday morning as I was driving my train back to Norwich.  My office windows are great!

Ali.

wartsilaone

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »

Cheers Dave. I too am partaking in a little rum and coke tipple.

I promise not to upset anyone this time.

I paid top dollar for this on Ebay. Who knows if It's over the odds but I don't want to ruin it. It would be the first time I have left anything alone.

Ali.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2011, 09:29:57 pm »

Yes Ali

I see you guys in your warm dry offices pass me by at a 100mph - do you drivers ever think about the guys in orange , freezing and wet through? I'm one of those Jaffas mate.

Dave

wartsilaone

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2011, 09:34:04 pm »

Wouldn't be many trains running if you guys weren't about. I always wave and give a friendly toot.

Ali. 

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:03 pm »

Thanks Ali  :-)) - I've often thought it must be very scary for you guys to see one of our track lads not acknowledge and move away  :o :o :o >>:-(
Now back to Ferries Ali.

Dave

wartsilaone

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:31 pm »

Definitely, It's my week off.

I plan to do a bit more on the Norbay waterline model then start on Spirit of free enterprise.

Ali.

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2011, 11:01:02 pm »

Hi Friends!!!

Back from the annual round of the rellies.............all see and satisfied before the missus and I disappear next sunday...

Ali - That travel agents model may not be a 100% scale reproduction but it is a genuine article and probably damn rare!!! Dont touch it!!! It has an appeal all of its own. It is these quirky 'souvenirs' of the past times that I enjoy collecting..........although I drew the line at the FE7 key fob on ebay today.......it went for nigh on £18!!!!!! Someone must have wanted it bad!!!!

As for Norland - should have the drawings 90% completed over the christmas break - going to be splitting my time between Norland and Kalakala, although K should be a tad quicker......... With Norland, my main focus will be on the hull formers - I want to get a set of drawings up to Kim (Clyde Models) in the New Year for him to quote me for a CNC cut plug.......if the cost is 'reasonable' then that will speed up the hull production no end. We shall see............

Dave - I envy you the chance for a tipple today. Driving around as I have it was too risky to partake........although plenty of offers on the table.

Ho hum - Christmas soon.........and I have a feeling my good lady has bagged me a goodly selection of ferry books to fill my stocking!!!!
Carl

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2011, 11:06:42 pm »

Hi Carl

Me and Ali have to be very selective about when we tipple - ours is the toughest drugs and alchohol policy around matey.

Dave

wartsilaone

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2011, 11:06:58 pm »

I will be leaving the Norland alone as I'm sure there can't be many of them around.
Take your time with all your kits Carl. There's no doubt they will be worth the wait.

Ali.

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2011, 11:14:54 pm »

Hi Carl

Me and Ali have to be very selective about when we tipple - ours is the toughest drugs and alchohol policy around matey.

Dave

Fully understand that - Joe Public may loose a little faith if they thought their train drivers were p****d or otherwise under the influence when conveying them to wherever..........and as for you guys, being without your full faculties when working so close to instant death doesnt bear thinking about!!!!!!!

When I used to fly (albeit privately) and when I was driving coaches, i was absolutely tee-total. With the coaches, I never knew from one day to the next when I was going to be called in to drive, so the risk wasnt worth it. These days, I no longer drive the coaches or fly light aircraft, but my alcohol intake hasnt increased a great deal...........just the odd beer or whisky occasionally...............
C

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:17 pm »

I will be leaving the Norland alone as I'm sure there can't be many of them around.
Take your time with all your kits Carl. There's no doubt they will be worth the wait.

Ali.

Now THERE is a statement I will print out and hang above my workbench!!!!!!

I do hope they will live up to expectations..............dont want to let you guys down {:-{
C

wartsilaone

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2011, 11:20:44 pm »

Don't want to let you guys down...... That's why I' know your kits will be top notch.

Ali.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »

Definitely, It's my week off.

I plan to do a bit more on the Norbay waterline model then start on Spirit of free enterprise.

Ali.

Hi Ali
Is that you leting the cat out of the bag that you are doing a sprit class ferry

John

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2011, 09:42:47 pm »

Hi Friends!!!

Back from the annual round of the rellies.............all see and satisfied before the missus and I disappear next sunday...

Ali - That travel agents model may not be a 100% scale reproduction but it is a genuine article and probably damn rare!!! Dont touch it!!! It has an appeal all of its own. It is these quirky 'souvenirs' of the past times that I enjoy collecting..........although I drew the line at the FE7 key fob on ebay today.......it went for nigh on £18!!!!!! Someone must have wanted it bad!!!!

As for Norland - should have the drawings 90% completed over the christmas break - going to be splitting my time between Norland and Kalakala, although K should be a tad quicker......... With Norland, my main focus will be on the hull formers - I want to get a set of drawings up to Kim (Clyde Models) in the New Year for him to quote me for a CNC cut plug.......if the cost is 'reasonable' then that will speed up the hull production no end. We shall see............

Dave - I envy you the chance for a tipple today. Driving around as I have it was too risky to partake........although plenty of offers on the table.

Ho hum - Christmas soon.........and I have a feeling my good lady has bagged me a goodly selection of ferry books to fill my stocking!!!!
Carl

Hi Carl
 A few good books. X4 by ferry publications 1. Brittany ferries 1973-2007 2. Fishguard Rosslare 1906 - 2006 3. Baltic ferries 4.Ferries of Belgium (oleander on front cover)

X1 if you can find a The Road Across the Sea  Viking Line english Version was at first in Finnish only.

John

wartsilaone

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2012, 10:45:30 pm »

Some beautiful ships on here. Check out the second to last photo Carl.
http://shipmodels-costassarlis.blogspot.com/

Ali.

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2012, 10:57:48 pm »

They are very good static models to quite a large scale - cheers for the link Ali  :-)) :-)) :-))

And yes, I found the Anthi Marina (ex Spirit of Free Enterprise) - a very crisp model indeed.....in far better condition than the real ship  %) %).

I also found a photo of a model of Romilda.................ex Free Enterprise VIII..........now sadly gone for scrap in Turkey.. <:( <:( <:(
I notice he advertises himself as a professional model maker......he certainly seems to have the skill for producing nice static models...
Carl

wartsilaone

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2012, 11:02:16 pm »

I looked at that Romilda and took a double take. Something rang a bell but I didn't recognise it.

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2012, 11:08:14 pm »

She had the bow rebuilt to look more 'conventional', and an awful (and I mean awful in both senses!!!) lot of work done to her rear superstructure to accommodate cabins..........and yet she retained an upper car deck / garage amidships - only accessible via internal ramps from the main, lower car deck.
All else was as she was built........

Only two of the series left now: FEV and FEVII (in Indonesia) - but she was 'Jumboised' back in the 80's.

wartsilaone

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2012, 11:11:32 pm »

Well as long as there are enthusiasts like us, these ships will never be forgotten.

Ali.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2012, 12:25:58 am »

If you post them, they will look.

I'm just having a Field of Dreams moment.  :-)

Dave

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2012, 09:43:38 am »

Here you go chaps - loads of ferry pictures from around the world here..............

Decent quality images too  :-)) :-))

Check out the photos of the Spirit of Free Enterprise / Pride of kent being stretched  :o :o :o

Carl

http://www.naviearmatori.net/gallery/viewalbum.php?id=213

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2012, 01:54:29 pm »

SeaFrance in liquidation announced on BBC.
..well can you land on this?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.601 seconds with 22 queries.