Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Mayhem at Wicksteed 2012: June 02, 2012 - June 03, 2012
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2012 - June 2 & 3 !!!  (Read 264560 times)

scoop

Re: Wicksteed 2012 - Cancelled
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:44 am »

For 2013 have you thought of Billing Aquadrome ?  :-))
Regards
Scoop
I've just had another thought.......what about Orton Mere, P'Boro  :-))

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2012, 12:40:48 am »

Great venue
Friendly local club
Popular Mayhem event
All goes pear shaped

Not exactly a good advert for model boating really....

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2012, 12:49:39 am »

" Allways look on the bright side of life" dee da, dee da dee da dee da dee da!

ACTion

« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2012, 07:53:13 am »

Mick
This is the nearest big show. We attend, as well as Component Shop and Models by Design. There may be a few more this year - check out the website.
DM
This looks silly without the link - sorry! http://www.swmee.co.uk/
DM

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2012, 08:04:48 am »

This looks silly without the link - sorry! http://www.swmee.co.uk/
DM
Too scared to say anything Dave 
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

bikerdude666

« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2012, 10:47:43 am »

I am well and truley gutted.
What I like about Wickstead that did not happen at any other show I had been to to was

Just turn up with a boat and have a sail. dosent matter if you are a member of a club or not no need to pre book. Try doing that a Warwick (note I am NOT knocking warwick)
NO entrace fee.
Best of all it had a that nice small frendly show feal.

I takes years for a show to get its self established on to the show circuit , Wicksteed had done that and got established.

Question
Can any member of the public turn up on any saturday and sail there boat on the model boat lake?

John

You certainly can... I live just up the road so let me know if you go anytime, it'd be nice to meet with more forum members!

ACTion

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2012, 12:53:25 pm »

Too scared to say anything Dave  
I must be getting as old and daft as you, Richard.....................but with much more hair  8)
Shame about the Wicksteed affair. Has anyone considered Colwick Park in Nottingham? I seem to recall they held a National Multi-racing or OMRA do there a few months ago and all were very impressed with the venue etc.
DM

jenno

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »

Hi Guy's

Bryn Bach Park could always be made available  http://brynbachscalesail.webs.com/
and we host two rounds in OMRA racing each year.

Jenno.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2012, 10:38:25 pm »

Hi All
we are gutted that Wickstead has been cancelled for what ever reasion. The way I see it is we pick up dust our self off and move on.

Now Wickstead had the advantage of beening in a good central location, with having good  roads from the north south and west and the east.
Any on can turn up and pay wickstaed entrance fee  to get in to the park and use the lake.
So  while we wait to see what mayhem 2013 will be, why done we do an unorgnised mayhem2012. Ok there will be no traders on tea/coffey tent
but there is the lake and hope fully some good weather.
We all injoy this show lets not let it die. All we need is a frequency chart/board for 27mhz and 40 mhz.
So if we turn up on June 2,  2012 Sat and a fun day .

So what do you all say are we in or not.

John

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:28 pm »

Its an idea. What does Martin think about this? there may be reasons why not. As a suggestion could we not have a informal meet elsewhere?  This may be best. John.

richtea

« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2012, 11:57:47 pm »

Wicksteed Park Model Boat Club Committee decided for some reason that they did not want anything to do with Mayhem 2012.
So if lots of people turn up on what was Mayhem Weekend then the locals might see this as Mayhem 2012 the unofficial version.
For the hope of a change of heart in WPMBC,
and a future invitation to return to Wicksteed ,
then an unofficial  meeting might not go down too well with the locals.

brianc

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2012, 12:47:50 am »

Have to agree with Richtea here, this could backfire on us and all the good work done by Martin and the other organisors would be for nought :((
Just my humble opinion.

scoop

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2012, 01:15:47 am »

I must be getting as old and daft as you, Richard.....................but with much more hair  8)
Shame about the Wicksteed affair. Has anyone considered Colwick Park in Nottingham? I seem to recall they held a National Multi-racing or OMRA do there a few months ago and all were very impressed with the venue etc.
DM
The meeting was a BMPRS Offshore at Colwick Park, and yes we were made very welcome and had a super day of racing, we are back there on 29th April and 14th of October. Unfortunately Colwick Park suffers terribly from weeding up so is not suitable for Model Boating in the 'weed' season - Late May to end of September.  <:(

Regards
Scoop

scoop

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2012, 01:30:12 am »

Wicksteed Park Model Boat Club Committee decided for some reason that they did not want anything to do with Mayhem 2012.
So if lots of people turn up on what was Mayhem Weekend then the locals might see this as Mayhem 2012 the unofficial version.
For the hope of a change of heart in WPMBC,
and a future invitation to return to Wicksteed ,
then an unofficial  meeting might not go down too well with the locals.
I think raflaunches (a wpmbc member) said it all in an earlier post, most of us know where/who the problem is, let the majority rule in that club, let them sort it out for themselves and mayhemmers await the invite back, after all Wickies management have for this year lost a lot of money and will lose future income if it's not sorted, they ain't gonna be happy bunnies with wpmbc >>:-(

All the best to Nick B
I hope your meeting has a favourable outcome next week, and well done for standing up and speaking out. :-))

Scoop

scoop

« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2012, 01:41:31 am »

Its an idea. What does Martin think about this? there may be reasons why not. As a suggestion could we not have a informal meet elsewhere?  This may be best. John.
I can offer any Sunday at Corby Boating Lake (about 7 miles from Wickies) as a stop gap for this year, free lakeside parking, cafe, toilets, two purpose built launch area's for Model Boats, dawn to dusk sailing but no overnight camping I'm afraid. IC welcome  :D
The cafe's all day breakfasts are superb.
I say any Sunday just as long as it doesn't clash with any of our BMPRS racing dates.

Cheers
Scoop

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2012, 08:07:41 am »

Hi All
we are gutted that Wickstead has been cancelled for what ever reasion. The way I see it is we pick up dust our self off and move on.

Now Wickstead had the advantage of beening in a good central location, with having good  roads from the north south and west and the east.
Any on can turn up and pay wickstaed entrance fee  to get in to the park and use the lake.
So  while we wait to see what mayhem 2013 will be, why done we do an unorgnised mayhem2012. Ok there will be no traders on tea/coffey tent
but there is the lake and hope fully some good weather.
We all injoy this show lets not let it die. All we need is a frequency chart/board for 27mhz and 40 mhz.
So if we turn up on June 2,  2012 Sat and a fun day .

So what do you all say are we in or not.

John

This is an idea that has already been talked about by the committee. However we do not need to upset WPMBC any more so that maybe next year we can go back.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

chingdevil

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2012, 02:14:54 pm »

It has already been said but it is not a good idea to just turn up to use Wicksteed Park lake, WPMBC sails on there regularly so we do not need to turn up and upset them. Venues for next year are being looked at, so this year is just a sabatical next year Mayhem 2013 will be better than ever, where ever it is.

Brian

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2012, 05:35:45 pm »

Have the steering committee given thought of approaching the management of Ellesmere Port Boat museum as to a venue...very easily accessible and a lot of water on two split levels to sail on.....just a suggestion.
neil.
Worth thinking about Neil.  :-))

ayrshire andy

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2012, 11:16:24 pm »

You are all welcome to come over to our house this summer, sailing will be on a strictly organised basis upstairs in the tub while my good lady mans the peg board and cooks us all meals and stuff downstairs, we've got a big shed so she probably wo n't mind you all sleeping over for the weekend...hang on she's just come in shaking her head vigorously about something i've got to go

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2012, 08:31:08 am »

Scoops kind offer seems a good one. Can we give it some more thought and comments please? An informal meeting would still be nice. John.

bikerdude666

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2012, 10:21:45 am »

Scoops kind offer seems a good one. Can we give it some more thought and comments please? An informal meeting would still be nice. John.

I second that, I see no reason why we should let our fun be spoiled...  Obviously without the camping and all the amenities offered by wicksteed it would attract less people but I think it would be nice to just have a forum gathering where we can all sail, we could still hold some competitions...

scoop

« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2012, 12:37:50 pm »

You are all welcome to come over to our house this summer, sailing will be on a strictly organised basis upstairs in the tub while my good lady mans the peg board and cooks us all meals and stuff downstairs, we've got a big shed so she probably wo n't mind you all sleeping over for the weekend...hang on she's just come in shaking her head vigorously about something i've got to go
I'm hoping to tour Scotland later this year, thanks for the kind offer, would it be ok to bring a bottle of Glenfiddich Solera along with me  :} You provide the ice  :-))
Scoop

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2012, 03:48:32 pm »

Hi Scoops,

PM me you phone no. please.

Martin 
  :-)

I can offer any Sunday at Corby Boating Lake (about 7 miles from Wickies) as a stop gap for this year, free lakeside parking, cafe, toilets, two purpose built launch area's for Model Boats, dawn to dusk sailing but no overnight camping I'm afraid. IC welcome  :D
The cafe's all day breakfasts are superb.
I say any Sunday just as long as it doesn't clash with any of our BMPRS racing dates.

Cheers
Scoop
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2012, 04:01:30 pm »

Hope you can still arrange something Martin. Thanks in advance for all your efforts. Ive no doubt that few of us realize the work that goes on behind the scenes. Fingers crossed. John. 

ayrshire andy

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2012, 10:28:52 pm »

Hi Scoop!

Of course you're welcome, let us know when you embark upon your Grand Tour and we shall pop an extra tattie in the pot here at the House of Andy and break out the good glasses!   ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.