Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Mayhem at Wicksteed 2012: June 02, 2012 - June 03, 2012
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2012 - June 2 & 3 !!!  (Read 264981 times)

Welsh Wizard

Re: Mayhem 2012
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:02 pm »

ANY news etc on this event

Dave

richtea

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2012, 11:32:49 pm »

Martin is in the process of drafting an announcement
Regards
Richard..

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Wicksteed 2012 - Cancelled
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2012, 07:38:42 am »

Wicksteed 2012 Cancelled

It's with much sadness that we have to announce the cancellation of this year's (2012) 'Mayhem at Wicksteed'.

After several months of discussions, between the ModelBoatMayhem event steering committee and the Wicksteed Park Model Boat
Club Committee, the boat club have decided that they cannot support the event this year.

ModelBoatMayem has approached Wicksteed Park management directly but due to financial constraints and the lateness of the change
in circumstances, there is not enough time left to generate the required funds.

We would like to thank all of those people who have worked behind the scenes to try to get this year’s event off the ground.
This includes the ModelBoatMayhem event steering committee and the Wicksteed Park Model Boat Club.

So there we have it, no Mayhem at Wicksteed this year. Hopefully we may be invited back in the near future but for now. we're
left looking for a new location for Mayhem 2013.

Yours sincerely,
 Martin - Model boat Mayhem.

PS. We will not allow any further discussion or speculation  of the circumstances of the events leading up to this decision on the open forum.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 08:14:42 am »

Sad news indeed.
Our thanks must go to Martin and the event steering committee
for all their efforts which sadly were in vain. :(( :((

Roll on 2013  :-)) :-))

Ned

Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:23 am »

Thanks to everyone involved for their efforts,
gutted that it won't be happening as are the other
guys here in Glasgow <:( <:(

scoop

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:42 am »

For 2013 have you thought of Billing Aquadrome ?  :-))
Regards
Scoop

brianc

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2012, 10:12:29 am »

What a bummer, the Scots lads were looking forward to attending again this year.
A big thanks to all involved in trying to make it happen in 2012, lets hope we all meet up again in 2013 :-))

Now then, things to do.......
Release the higgii caught to replenish the escapees from last year.
Put the new illuminated tent display into storage till next year.
But what about that lovely bottle of Malt we were going to bring down?
Keep that until next year?              Aye right....hic  %% {-) {-)

PS anyone want to buy a very large unused rubber ducky ;D

ACTion

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:19 pm »

"Peace be unto the waters"

brianc

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2012, 12:51:50 pm »

Happy memories, eh Dave? ....NOT! <:(

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2012, 01:02:40 pm »

For 2013 perhaps we should make a new category for those camping overnight..........the most ludicrous home made  drink! It has to  beat 2011's drinks. Anybody for cauliflower cordial ?
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

scoop

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »

For 2013 perhaps we should make a new category for those camping overnight..........the most ludicrous home made  drink! It has to  beat 2011's drinks. Anybody for cauliflower cordial ?
Could be a nice mixer for Big Bri's Malt  {-) {-) {-)
Scoop

raflaunches

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »

Hello to Martin and his team at Mayhem,

I would like to say how sad my Dad and myself, and many others at Wicksteed Park MBC are to see that the 2012 event has been cancelled.
Whilst I am not a committee member of WPMBC I would like make my opinion known as we feel that the best interests of both the Mayhem and WPMBC have not been maintained.
The acts of a few WPMBC committee members who did not have any interest in Mayhem coming to Wicksteed Park have had their wishes come true which is against the wishes of the majority,  I have been a member of WPMBC for over 6 years and been a keen supporter of Mayhem since it came to Wicksteed all those years ago and I am ashamed that two or three individuals in power had the audacity to ruin the best Model Boat event ever held at Wicksteed Park.  As a result the club has been split and is now leaderless as the committee has been dissolved dispite that though a new committee is hopefully being formed next week that will actively support the Mayhem.
I was so looking forward to June when I could meet my many good friends from the Mayhem but now I have nothing to look forward to because of my upcoming deployment to the South Atlantic I will miss all other events such as Warwick, Dean Marine Open day etc...
I would love for next year for the Mayhem to return to Wicksteed Park but because of recent events I doubt that will happen but I am still hopeful that it will.
Thank you to Martin, Brian and all the Mayhem steering committee for their patience and their support, I hope that  next year will be different  for all of us.
Best regards.

Nick B

ACTion

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »

I wonder if committees were invented by a committee?
DM

The long Build

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2012, 04:16:04 pm »

Well at least Nick B's post gives a little insite ito what has happened.. I hope it does continue , either at Wicksteed or another venue as I aim to oneday get to the event, unfortunately for me at the moment as We organise a swim on the same weekend it just can't happen..But I have spoken to those who attend and they are nothing but full of praise for what a great weekend it is , so For me I really hope it does continue. :-)) until at least I have managed to get to the event at least once... :}

dave301bounty

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

Very sad to read this , things happen .

davidsg1a

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2012, 04:59:27 pm »

This is sad news, I was there with Big Bri and Ginger Last year for the first time and was looking forward to this year, that bottle of nice Islay malt I bought for this year will have to go back in the cupboard till next time, Or myself Brian and Colin can just drink it our selfs.  %%

David

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2012, 05:20:05 pm »

This is sad news, I was there with Big Bri and Ginger Last year for the first time and was looking forward to this year, that bottle of nice Islay malt I bought for this year will have to go back in the cupboard till next time, Or myself Brian and Colin can just drink it our selfs.  %%

David

I was looking forward to meeting you chaps from Scotland. I have to say I have just got over last years hangover. Oh boy what a night!!! I will miss you chaps maybe in 2013 we can get it shorted and have some fun :-)) :-))
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2012, 05:23:22 pm »

What a bummer, the Scots lads were looking forward to attending again this year.
A big thanks to all involved in trying to make it happen in 2012, lets hope we all meet up again in 2013 :-))

Now then, things to do.......
Release the higgii caught to replenish the escapees from last year.
Put the new illuminated tent display into storage till next year.
But what about that lovely bottle of Malt we were going to bring down?
Keep that until next year?              Aye right....hic  %% {-) {-)

PS anyone want to buy a very large unused rubber ducky ;D

Bri
your rubber ducky would look great on one of your windmills :} :} :} :}
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2012, 07:11:23 pm »

As J B Hughes said, "If Moses had been a committee, the Israelites would still be in Egypt."

Let's hope for better news in 2013.

Mike

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »

I must say I have never been to the Wicksteed Show,but judging by the responses received on here it must have been a good'un!It is always sad to see a show cancelled.Our nearest "big" show to Cornwall was at Weymouth,and this sadly has been cancelled.Perhaps someone from Mayhem(are you reading this Martin?), could get in touch with Barrie of "ModelBoats International" magazine,who organised the Weymouth show,and maybe get your heads together and get something happening down this way,for instance at the Plymouth Pavilions, or at Westpoint Exeter.I am sure you would get the crowds in,if only somone would give it a try.If Blackpool can manage with an indoor pool,I am sure that it could be done down here!Plymouth Pavilions also has a swimming pool, which I believe is being made redundant in the near future,when the new olympic standard pool opens shortly.
What say you?
Mick

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »

this is sad news,

i used to enjoy wicksteed,  a great bunch of modellers, - good fun camping, the barbeques, the beers and the scotch, last year we even returned with our very own wild haggis.....

bill, phil, Big bri, young at......stav,Rex H,  klunk and the luton boys, Mark, angie and the rest of your great people- - you know who you are.....we have made great friends over the years at mayhem at wicky,

i will miss the show and the excuse to just chill run boats, ride a rollercoaster or a flume ride for the weekend

.... thanks to martin, his family who kept us going in tea and coffee, bradders and all the people who made this event happen

not that it makes much odds, but i guess the modellers who attended spent in the park, the shops, the cafes, - bought wristbands, paid camping fees and such like- i know i did, - so surely cancelling the 2012 event cant help the finances .... but hey ho.....

lets hope mayhem can be reborn for 2013- maybe  in a new location.....
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

ACTion

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2012, 10:38:06 pm »

Mick
This is the nearest big show. We attend, as well as Component Shop and Models by Design. There may be a few more this year - check out the website.
DM

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2012, 11:08:18 pm »

I am well and truley gutted.
What I like about Wickstead that did not happen at any other show I had been to to was

Just turn up with a boat and have a sail. dosent matter if you are a member of a club or not no need to pre book. Try doing that a Warwick (note I am NOT knocking warwick)
NO entrace fee.
Best of all it had a that nice small frendly show feal.

I takes years for a show to get its self established on to the show circuit , Wicksteed had done that and got established.

Question
Can any member of the public turn up on any saturday and sail there boat on the model boat lake?

John

nhp651

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:07 pm »

Have the steering committee given thought of approaching the management of Ellesmere Port Boat museum as to a venue...very easily accessible and a lot of water on two split levels to sail on.....just a suggestion.
neil.

scoop

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2012, 12:08:03 am »

I am well and truley gutted.
What I like about Wickstead that did not happen at any other show I had been to to was

Just turn up with a boat and have a sail. dosent matter if you are a member of a club or not no need to pre book. Try doing that a Warwick (note I am NOT knocking warwick)
NO entrace fee.
Best of all it had a that nice small frendly show feal.

I takes years for a show to get its self established on to the show circuit , Wicksteed had done that and got established.

Question
Can any member of the public turn up on any saturday and sail there boat on the model boat lake?

John
Yes John, you can turn up at Wicksteed Park, pay your entry/car park fee and use all their free of charge facilities including the model boating lake, at anytime during the day. :-)) Obviously courtesy dictates that if there are other users on the lake you do a frequency check with them first. O0
WPMBC do not have sole use of the lake and you do not have to be a member of their club to use the facility.  :-))

Cheers
Scoop
ps If you intend going on a regular basis it may pay you to get a season parking ticket.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.