Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Milford Star my first ever r/c boat build  (Read 20173 times)

mikearace

Re: Milford Star my first ever r/c boat build
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 09:19:51 pm »

Would be nice to see yuo finish it despite any difficulties you have had.  Although it can be frustrating at times building a model it is also damn theraputic for me.  And your pics so far show what was turning into a lovely model

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »

Go for it Dale.

I'm having health problems too, haven't done anything since September.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

gibson

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 10:42:19 pm »

Sorry to hear that Richard, wish you well chap :-))

gibson

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 09:53:03 am »

Hi guys,
I am putting the wheel house together and am trying to find some pics on the net (without any success) showing how the wheel and binnacle go together and where they should be positiond on a trawler of this period.
Any help/photo's much appreciated.
Thanks
Dale.

ayrshire andy

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 11:40:50 pm »

Hi Dale,

I have like the rest of us been watching your cracking build with much interest and admiration, your beautifully painted hull in particular showing her gorgeous traditional lines, did you know that there is one in Sales built by a gentleman from Wales (could be the first line to An Ode To The Milford Star?!) which I liked the look of that much that I was prepare to drive the 440 or so miles from my home in Scotland to buy her, unfortunately my car blew its head gasket after 120 miles at Carlisle and so we all had to be returned home by rescue truck after payment of an exorbitant fee...yours too will look great on the water, they all ooze the elegant lines, traditional style and thoroughly boaty appearance of a seemingly bygone age and are well worth the build challenges that many have encountered and overcome...thank you for sharing your progress and pics!

Andy

gibson

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2011, 10:51:36 am »

Would be nice to see yuo finish it despite any difficulties you have had.  Although it can be frustrating at times building a model it is also damn theraputic for me.  And your pics so far show what was turning into a lovely model

Thanks,
progress will be slow but I'm doing a little bit every day and hope to put some photo's up soon.
Dale.

gibson

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2011, 10:58:16 am »

Thanks for your comments Andy.

I have seen the MS for sale on here and It looks like a cracking build he's done there, I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up.
Sorry to hear about your road trp......must have been a nightmare.

Dale.

Paratrooper216

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 12:52:45 pm »

Hello Dale, I have been considering having a go at building this ship, but I have not been near a model for a very long time, work, marriage, kids, etc. I have recently retired from work and am looking for an additional hobby to do alongside mountain biking and photography. I am an absolute new boy but like a challenge. Having read this thread from start to finish I was wondering if it would be possible if you could give me some advice on this build, such as pitfalls, tools etc. I would be more than happy for you to email me off group at ***email address removed***
From the pictures you have posted I can see that it is going to be an excellent representation of the real thing, that is if it is not finished yet.
Kind regards from Cumbria, Tom

***For your own security best not post your email addresses on an open forum.***   :-)

If you need to communicate privatley use the PM/IM system.
However, I am sure there would be a lot of interest in discussions of this build.

nhp651

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 01:03:35 pm »

tom, remove your email address from the forum......or you'll be inundated with scammers and nere do wells.

neil.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 04:37:22 pm »

... and other assorted  nutters!  ok2
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.