Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: louise heloise  (Read 3123 times)

nobby.c

louise heloise
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:40:13 am »

hi ,guys im a74 year old model boat builder, or should i say bodger, i have just completed  the fishing boat louise heloise from the traplet plans will try to post some photos later but i would like some info, if some one out there can help, i have put one sail winch in but do i need to use two as they are hard to come by here in aus, as i live 2 hours drive from my  nearest city brisbane. hope to hear from any one out there, thank you . nobby.c

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: louise heloise
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:33 am »

Hi Nobby

Love to see some pictures. I have the same project on the go, but with this and that I have not touched it in 18 months or more.  :embarrassed:

If you put your location into your profile, perhaps someone in Oz can direct you to a mail order company.

TT
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Barry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:19 am »

You could try http://www.floataboat.com.au in Melbourne. Adrian there knows a lot about model yachts.
They're some specialty racing yacht suppliers, eg RMG winches, but they tend to be expensive. Most of the English hobby shops send out to Australia.

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:07:40 pm »

We will be in Brisbane visiting our son in three weeks, would be happy to pick one up here in the uk - bring it over then post to you in Oz - Would need advice on EXACTLY which one you need though as I haven't a clue about these things. 

This may help?     regards, Tony.

bikemec

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 10:38:16 pm »

Hi Nobby,

I think your asking if the two sails can be controled from one winch,  or do you need one for each sail,

You can control both the main and foresail of one winch or servo, infact many of the racing classes require it, footy's IOM etc...

I know several people have posted diagrams of rigging solutions for this will do a quick search and see if I can find any

hope this helps

you might get some ideas from this thread some pics of winch drum with two lines etc...

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=14796.0

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:36:26 am »

The sail area on the LH is large.

I had a choice between:
A. an expensive winch, expensive +p&p to China + customs duty.
B. two standard sail winch servos (I can buy local), joined with a 'Y' lead.
C. same as B. + servo morph from Action electronics to trim on servo if needed (because of different ratios of running rigging to boom)

Option B is cheapest. And the LH's hull is big enough to have a team of hamsters and a months rations below decks, to run it all for you.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

nobby.c

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 08:22:29 am »

We will be in Brisbane visiting our son in three weeks, would be happy to pick one up here in the uk - bring it over then post to you in Oz - Would need advice on EXACTLY which one you need though as I haven't a clue about these things. 

This may help?     regards, Tony.
thanks tony for the offer of getting me a winch for my boat but i will try the one winch as suggested and if that doesnt work then ill try plan B. any way mate enjoy australia. regards roy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.