Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: cooking oil in the car engine  (Read 6066 times)

treeboa

Re: cooking oil in the car engine
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 08:42:53 pm »

You're allowed to make 1500 Litres a year tax free for your own car so spending a few hundred quid making your own converter , sourcing used cooking oil from the local chippy and making your own really can save you a fortune in diesel a year.

2500 is the correct usage of any form of biofuel, this includes veg oil both new and filtered or bio diesel.  you can make as much as you want but only use a max of 2500 unless you pay the duty on the excess

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Re: cooking oil in the car engine
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 10:38:24 pm »

Last time I checked it was 1500 a year so must have gone up in the last year or so , if I was doing a lot more driving than I do now it would make sense for me to do this but I only did 1500 miles in the last year and since the 30th of December last year I've still got half a tank left out of my 5th fill up ( should last me till Xmas at this rate lol )

I guess if diesel goes up past £1.50 a litre it makes more sense for me to do it as we're at £1.429 a litre today ( thats close to £6 a gallon already , when I started driving in 1986 petrol was £1.18 a gallon about 26p a litre !! )
Davie Tait,
Scotland
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.