Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plans for Jenny  (Read 3118 times)

dhb141

Plans for Jenny
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:00:49 am »

Hi,

Does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of the plan for the gaff-rigged yacht Jenny which was a freebie in the model press in the 1980's?    I be happy to pay for an original or copy if anyone has one.   Many thanks in anticipation of any help you can give me.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Plans for Jenny
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 04:18:53 pm »

Jenny is to be republished in a forthcoming edition of Model Boats, I have recently prepared the article for Paul Freshney. I will see if I can find out when he intends to run it.

Colin

dhb141

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 04:56:58 pm »

Hi Colin,

Many thanks for this, that's good to know.   If you do find out any details as to when it's going to be published that would be great.
Thanks for your trouble,

Don

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:56:44 pm »

Don,

Publication date is not yet fixed but is unlikely to be before May/June next year. Possibly another member might have a copy which they can send you in the meantime.

Colin

dhb141

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 09:49:42 pm »

Thanks Colin, the information and your help is much appreciated.

Don

The long Build

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:05:02 pm »

Is this the January 1989 issue ?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:37:46 pm »

July 1989, along with my review of Caldercraft's Imara, a picture of which is on the front cover. The cover may have been printed as June in error, mine had a July sticker on top!

Colin

tony52

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 04:06:38 pm »

Hi Don,
Here is a photograph of Jenny which I built some years ago. A very good looking yacht, which is suitable for fair weather sailing.

Tony.

dhb141

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 06:22:46 pm »

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting the photo - she certainly is a nice looking yacht.   I've not had any offers of plans yet so it looks as if I'm going to have to wait for it to be re-issued next year!

Don

The long Build

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 07:01:30 pm »

I have a pile of stuff somewhere  (Have been Tidying the house)   plans to match up with mags I have been selling , Just need to find that Pile as I'm sure there was somthing similar if not the plan ?..   {:-{

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »

The plan was a double feature with both Jenny and Streamlinette.

Colin

The long Build

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 08:11:39 pm »

Personally, I say you can never have enough Piles  :} however SWMBO seems to think otherwise so therefore I agree with her  %%.

Anyway the spare plan has been located, I hate throwing anything away even though it has a rip in it which has been repaired with sellotape but is perfectly usable. I was going to put it on the well known auction site but as its near Christmas its yours..  Just drop a Donation into the RNLI box at some stage..

The plan actually has a section which gives quite a bit of detail, so although it might be nice to get the republication issue (not sure if plan is being reissued as well).    I think you could quite easily build it from the plan  

Pm Me your Full Name and Address ..

Larry R.

Ps Build Report is an obligatory requirement on this site .. :}

dhb141

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 05:07:16 pm »

Thanks to those who replied to my posting and I now have the plans for Jenny, thanks to the kindness of folk on this forum.   The trouble people will go to to help, never ceases to surprise me, so thanks again.

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.