Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Model Warship Combat"  (Read 26689 times)

BigGun Rob

Re: "Model Warship Combat"
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 12:08:56 am »

Rob, I'm sure I speak for a lot of people on this Forum that we'd really love to see your pictures of the Museum ships. Preserving our maritime heritage is something we aren't too good at over here and many of us on Mayhem think it's a national scandal. In fact we seem to rely on the US to preserve our ships, Queen Mary and Balaclutha for example.

I toured the Iowa when she visited the UK in the 1980's and it was an unforgettable experience to tread the decks of a real battleship.

You will need to reduce your photos to 152k or 800x600 to be able to post them.

Bring 'em on!

Colin

My friend and fellow combat enthusiast Ben, builds nothing but British warships. He and I have both lamented the loss of all of those great battleships - Warspite, in particular. If ever a ship deserved to be saved...

I live on the outskirts of San Francisco, and we have our own problems. As I type this, the Iowa is rusting away in Suisun Bay. It doesn't look good that she will be saved, at this point.

But enough of this gloom! Here's a test: USS Texas (BB-35), last and oldest Battleship afloat that served in both WWI and WWII.

Shot on October 14th, 2008.

You did say either 800 x 600, or 152k, correct?

Rob

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 08:17:03 am »

Nice picture Rob. The limit is set to around 150k at the moment (although it may have gone up slightly since I last checked) but images of 800x600 should upload OK and reproduce well.

Colin

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 02:56:10 pm »

Any more pictures like this one would be of great interest to a lot of people. she still looks great

More please  Rob

Mick

BigGun Rob

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2008, 03:39:59 pm »

I have many more. I wonder if I should start a thread somewhere, and name it "USS Texas"?

I looked at some of the other photos here, and some are 1100 pixels wide (and wider). Here's another experiment: I believe the standard monitor width these days will accommodate an image that is 1004 pixels wide, without the need to scroll horizontally. The bigger the image can be, the more useful it is for modeling purposes. Here's one sized to 1004 wide, 998 high, but optimized for the web:

Is this OK?

Rob

BigGun Rob

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008, 03:48:21 pm »

Ahh... I see what's happening. The forum settings resize the images to 800 pixels width. Both photos appear to be the same width, even though the second one is 204 pixels wider, in actuality. Conclusion: there's no point in uploading larger images. Unless I'm missing something...?

Last experiment: resized to 800 pixels wide, and optimized in Photoshop for the web:

Rob

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.