Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poly tube, Anyone used or here anything about this company??  (Read 2375 times)

batfish

Poly tube, Anyone used or here anything about this company??
« on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:39 pm »

http://www.plastock.co.uk/Tube/Round-c96/

Also for people who dont want to or dont have facility's to turn there own discs for sealed water system baffles.
Clearplastics supply> http://www.clearplasticsupplies.co.uk/perspex_acrylic_disc.htm

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Poly tube, Anyone used or here anything about this company??
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:40:38 pm »

No, but prices look good for acrylic and polycarbonate. Only snag is they supply in 2m lengths, which is quite a bit of material.

Davy1

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:26:52 pm »

Just a thought in passing, I know everyone does it, but you don't have to have everything transparent in a WTC. PVC is often a good, low cost choice and if you are so worried about spotting leaks maybe it should have been built better in the first place! :-))

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 05:01:17 pm »

You can find a lot of it chucked out in skips; difficult to find a better discount than that. I'd avoid the stuff that looks obviously used though, at least if it was soil pipe- urrgh!

It's a shame PVC isn't as easily available in the same range of diameters as other plastic pipe. Easy to find the smaller sizes up to 68 mm which is okay for smaller kit, but a bit tight for standard size R/C equipment. Then it leapfrogs to 110mm, loads of room but a bit chunky for some boats. I've seen suppliers who offer sizes in the 75mm-100mm range, but they seem to want to flog you a lot of it e.g. 5-6m lengths. I suppose you can always give 'em a call and ask if they have any off-cuts kicking about.

batfish

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:35 pm »

Hi all,

I contacted Clearplastics to find out if they do poly tube. Response>

We offer Polycarbonate tube but I’m afraid 90/84 is not available to us at present.
The nearest we can offer is 80/74 and 100/95. Neither are stock items and the lead time would be approx. 15 days.

For small quantities;
80/74 Poly = £29.40/m
100/95 Poly = £34.08/m

Atleast they can get polycarbonate tube in if required.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 10:16:49 am »

I also remember the chap from CPS telling me they can get polycarbonate tubing. Prices are higher than Plastock I notice.

I found the 2mm thick 80mm diameter PC tubing interesting- haven't seen that available before. Should still be rigid enough for a pressure hull, with a handy weight saving on the 3mm thick stuff. Plus it's cheaper too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.