Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile Marine T4  (Read 4313 times)

cuppa

Mobile Marine T4
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:26:39 pm »

Hello All

I am trying to find out what the current draw of a mobile marine models T4 turning a 45mm three blade prop at 7.2 volts would be?

Can't find any data on the web about current draw for this motor and was wondering if anyone on this forum had a data on it?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
          Jon

nick_75au

Re: Mobile Marine T4
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:27:09 am »

As they do not have no load RPM spec's it is hard to have any idea >>:-(,

but at 5000 RPM loaded a 45 mm prop would expect to draw about 6-7 amps maximum regardless of the motor.

Hope this helps.

Nick

cuppa

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:27:09 am »

Thanks Nick

I was thinking the draw would probably be 4-6 amps.

Cheers
         Jon

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:38:59 pm »

Both could be right - having determined the diameter, you can start pondering number of blades, area of said blades, shape, profile and pitch and probably a few other parameters.  Then theres the minor detail of the actual water quality.  Lots of flyboys complain that there is no chart to guide them in water toys, having yet to realise that water and air are actually different.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:42 pm »

Why not contact Brian at Mobile Marine, 01522730731 / 689209 I would think that he will have the full spec on these motors.

Talisman

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 12:20:28 am »

Why not contact Brian at Mobile Marine, 01522730731 / 689209 I would think that he will have the full spec on these motors.

Yep, I'd agree with that as being first port of call with such an enquiry. I have a couple of these motors and would say they are very nice motors. I bought them to replace some (1960'ish) Swiss Jewel motors (expensive) wich have given great service and deserved replacement with a quality motor.
T4's were installed, I'm very hapy with the saving on purchase and performance!

Regards,
Kim

cuppa

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 06:36:58 am »

Thanks Chaps

I will give Mobile Marine a call.

Cheers
           Jon

cuppa

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 12:33:02 pm »

I spoke to Mobile Marine Models today. They were very helpful and polite.

The T4a motor has a stall current of 10 amps and should draw 1-2 amps once run in as per the instructions.

nick_75au

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »

That would indicate they have an unloaded RPM of 2000-3000 Max if it is a 45 mm prop under load at nominal voltage.

Nick

cuppa

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

That would indicate they have an unloaded RPM of 2000-3000 Max if it is a 45 mm prop under load at nominal voltage.

Nick

That sounds about right. It is a low revving motor.

Cheers
          Jon

tugmad

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 04:13:55 pm »

They really are a great little motor, we had one in our 16ft long towboat and it pushed her along .

Talisman

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 02:50:59 am »

I spoke to Mobile Marine Models today. They were very helpful and polite.

The T4a motor has a stall current of 10 amps and should draw 1-2 amps once run in as per the instructions.

Excellent, I'm glad your happy... I just wish more would get on the phone before the keyboard...
Regards
Kim

cuppa

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 08:08:43 am »

Excellent, I'm glad your happy... I just wish more would get on the phone before the keyboard...
Regards
Kim

Hi Kim

I was never unhappy with the motor - it is ideal for what i need it for. My post was in no way critical of the product or Mobile Marine Models whose service and quality are excellent in every respect. 

I was just trying to do some sums and work out run times on different capacity batteries in order to see if i could use some nimh packs i already had and achieve a decent duration. The logic behind my posting the question on here was that I figured that there would be some folks on this forum who had experience of the motor and that any information posted would be of use to others in the future.

Also I do not like phoning a small manufacturer with a question because I know how frustrating it can be to have to put down what you are doing and answer the phone and I would not wish to cause them any inconvenience.

I do agree with and adhere to the principle that if anyone has an 'issue' with a manufacturer they should call them first and try to get any issue sorted 'in private' prior to posting anything negative on a public forum but I did not have an issue with them in any way at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.