Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent build northsider  (Read 9558 times)

andywright

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Recent build northsider
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 09:36:24 pm »

Hi folks one of the hardest things I have come across so far is trying to get the the deck level right is it best to put the support timber in in short sections or try an get it in a longer length any tips on this ? 

When I did the deck on mine, I used the clearing ports, or wash ports some people call them as a guide. I glued an off cut of the deck to a small flat piece of ply. I laid this in the bottom of the clearing ports with the glued deck size piece just inside, and lined the beam shelf up with that, when the deck was laid on the beam shelf it was level with the bottom of the clearing ports.

i have been building mine for two years now, I have the hull and accomadation block painted, wheelhouse windows fitted, and have tested her on the lake. very happy so far. Have not had much time to build due to chnges of job etc, and working away from home.
Navigational Aids vessel Master. Old Conway 70-72

Gerryg

Re: Recent build northsider
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 10:23:08 pm »

Hi Guys thanks for the replys with the northsider its a semi kit so you dont get the deck supports with you have tio make your own i think i am getting there I also used the wash ports as a guide I have used 12 x 12 mm hardwood I have fixed then across port to starboard locating them with 3mm brass rod drilled through the side in to the end of the wood and glued looks ok at the moment but the test will come when I come to fit the deck. Will post some photos soon I am managing about an hour a night at the moment as I am building it my garage and its a touch cold lately.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.