Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/96 HMS York Batch 3 Type 42  (Read 2665 times)

szsteve7

1/96 HMS York Batch 3 Type 42
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:26:44 am »

Hi Guys

Well I thought I would start the ball rolling with events right from the off.

I picked up a Sirmar HMS York hull and fittings from Simon in Northampton, who'd simply not got enough time for her and needed the space. It wasn't a ship high on my list to be honest (although it WAS on there) but came along and so I thought "why not!"

I have a pair of Graupner Speed 500 motors that I believe will be sufficient here already in China, so will take them back with me to the UK, along with capicitors and some servo mounting brackets. I have universal joints but as Simon packged everything up and wasn't sure of diameter himself, I don't know the prop shafts sizes and so will get couplings when I get to the UK and measure.

For superstructure I wasn't sure what to do but following talks with Charles at CNC I am in the process of ordering Sintra superstructure from him. A new experience but if we don't try new things how can we expect to improve!!!

http://www.cnc-models.com/cncship16_027.htm

I am also going to try new things with the electronics and want to try to incorporate as many extra options (rotating radars, guns etc) as possible. Add to that this will be built when I am in the UK so is likely to be a far longer build than I tend to do and so I am going to try and include as much extra detail as I possibly can.

I would also like to try adding further detail, such as interior of hanger etc, so if anybody has any photos of this area I would be very grateful.

As always I am always open and welcome to any suggestions / advice / recommendations so please feel free to pitch in!

The one nice thing about this build is that once she is complete I will actually be able to go to some fun runs as and when they are held in the UK :)

Will update as events unfold.

szsteve7

Re: 1/96 HMS York Batch 3 Type 42
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 12:54:06 am »

WOW! First query already!

Does anybody know of a supplier for a 1/96 Lynx helicopter (I believe the York has a HAS Mk.3)?

Loads around in 1/72 but doesn't seem to be many at the 1/96 scale (ie not found ANY so far!)

mikearace

Re: 1/96 HMS York Batch 3 Type 42
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:46:44 am »

barry at sirmarfitings

http://sirmarfittings.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 19 queries.