Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this a sound unit??  (Read 2104 times)

loinerlad

Is this a sound unit??
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:56 pm »

Right guys I need your help,

In one of my new models there is what I believe could be a sound generator but I am not sure, If it is then it is not currently working but id like to get it working. there are 2 wires that run from the main battery connection via a connection block, these 2 wires then run round to the unit, then a red & a black wire running from the unit to what I believe may be a speaker mounted on the front of the boat. I have posted some pictures below to show this, Can anybody tell me how these work? should they be run off the same battery as the motor or will it need a separate battery?  {:-{

Hope you can help.

Umi_Ryuzuki

Re: Is this a sound unit??
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 12:04:34 am »

The image of the blue thing on the deck is really out of focus, but it actually
looks like a water sensor. Once wet, it would click over a relay(the black box) and
activate a pump. The pump would be connected to the brown wires...

However if that is on the deck, it would be a bit late to activate a bilge pump.

ACTion

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:39:08 am »

I can't say what it is (although I tend to agree with Umi) but it quite categorically is not a sound unit. There are nowhere near enough of the right sort of components and there is a distinct absence of a speaker and speaker contacts.
DM

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:28:16 am »

Hi there

after looking at the components in the photographs , personally I think this is a light operated switch, as water sensors normally work on the principle of two probes and that sensor on the deck is definitely some form of light sensor.     That's my opinion for what its worth.

Put it this way if that is all the components one needs to make a sound unit, what the hell are all those components you have in the ACTion one Dave?  aye John
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

andyn

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:20:50 am »

I do believe the thing on deck is a light dependant resistor... If so, could it be there to turn lights on at night?

Andy :-)

gwa84

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 02:07:30 pm »

i would agree its a light sensor probably to tern the lights on throw a relay stick a 12 volt bulb holder on the 2 browm wires atach a buld and cover the sensor see if it light or use a multy meter to see if pawer is ther affter the sensor is blaked out  :-))

loinerlad

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 11:12:48 pm »

Gee guys thanks for all your replies, I have been away and only just read them all, thanks for your help on this matter, I now know that this is not what a sound unit looks like, I will try out the things you have all mentioned this weekend and will keep you posted.

Cheers  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.