Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What electrics?  (Read 12516 times)

dhb141

Re: What electrics?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 08:38:04 pm »

Just another quick question.   Will the 'Blue 110 AMP ESC'  that Mike put me on to work with a lead acid battery?   It's just that reading the spec, it only mentions nicads, mimhs and lipos.

MikeA

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »

yes it will but please bear in mind these esc's have a very bad habit of turning into smoke in a matter of minutes. Its better to get a second hand GOOD esc than a brand new rubbish one.

MikeA

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:05 pm »

dhb141

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 10:34:05 pm »

Thanks for the advice Mike - a better quality one is the way to go, I think.    Too late for the one on ebay though - shame!

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 11:01:27 pm »

Hi dhb141, I am surprised nobody told you to check out ACTion electronics. You should have a look at what they make. They are local U/K & also sponsor this forum. Most of the Chinese stuff is very inferior with wild claims that the product will not live up to. Talk to Dave @ ACTion he will sort things out for you & no nonsense or false performance claims. Support your own local suppliers, especially when what they manufacture is far better quality than a lot of the FleaBay junk, no connection, just a satisfied customer speaking from experience. Mick B.
Mick B.

dhb141

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:33 am »

Hi MickB - thanks for this information, I'll certainly look at what they have to offer.

Don

MikeA

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 09:26:26 am »

what budget have you got in mind?

Ive sent you a private message don

dhb141

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 10:13:53 am »

Budget?   What budget!?   I just want to end up with a nice reliable boat that isn't going to cost the earth.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2011, 07:37:33 am »

Hi again DHB141, just to let you know that Dave at ACTion will also plot a wiring diagram for you at no cost in full colour no less. Have a look at the diagrams he has done for lots of people on ACTion's web site , me included. Hope l am helping you get sorted & looking forward to your build. Mick B.
Mick B.

ACTion

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2011, 09:43:05 am »

Hi again DHB141, just to let you know that Dave at ACTion will also plot a wiring diagram for you at no cost in full colour no less. Have a look at the diagrams he has done for lots of people on ACTion's web site , me included. Hope l am helping you get sorted & looking forward to your build. Mick B.
Please would Mayhem members note that this service is only for ACTion customers? There is probably a diagram in there now to suit just about any model boat with a little modification, so have a look on the website here http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/wd.php and here http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/ms.php. Much as I would like to, I simply don't have the time to draw wiring diagrams for anyone who asks, especially if they include equipment of which I have no experience.
DM

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 07:20:43 pm »

Sorry about missing that point about who you will do them for Dave, I know you are a nice fellow, but NOT that nice LOL. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.