Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downton Abbey  (Read 2137 times)

hopeitfloats

Downton Abbey
« on: December 08, 2011, 07:56:41 am »

does anyone watch this program.  if so when did series 2 finish in the UK and do you know when the 3rd series starts. 

bobk

Re: Downton Abbey
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:19:08 am »

Last episode (UK) was November 6th, second series.  I hope there will be a third series, they did leave aspects in the air at the end.  Typical when generating feedback to justify funding for a follow on.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:30:04 am »

thanks bobk. we aren't that far behind then.  the final episode of series 2 was shown here last night.  i heard there was a third series due but not until next sept.  hoping someone from the UK may have heard otherwise.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:16:49 am »

If you like the period type drama then the writer has made a film about the Titanic  (Julian Fellows). This is due to be shown next April around the 100th anniversary of her sinking and promises to correctly portrayed.

cheers

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:46:22 am »

The third series will begin filming in the spring, our spring that is  :-); there is also a Christmas special over two or three nights which should clear some loose ends.

However, I do hope that they will reduce the adverts, to none preferably, expand the scenes and situations and realise that most of us have an attention span greater than that of a flea.

LB

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:49:59 am »

Downton Abbey is given third series

Period drama Downton Abbey has been commissioned for an eight-part third series, ITV has announced.

The new run will be set in the early 1920s and continue to chart the fortunes of the Crawley family and their servants.

Downton's creator Julian Fellowes said he was "extremely grateful to ITV" for committing to a third series.

The current season, set around World War I, is due to reach its conclusion on Sunday.

There will also be a Christmas episode, which will be shown next month.

Fellowes, who won an Academy Award for his screenplay of the film Gosford Park, added: "I have grown very fond of my Downton family and I certainly do not want to say goodbye to them quite yet."

The drama, which stars Hugh Bonneville and Dame Maggie Smith, has continued to be a ratings hit, with its most recent episode drawing an audience of close to 10 million viewers.

But the show's storylines have recently been criticised by television critics as being being too far-fetched and fast-paced.

Downton's executive producer, Gareth Neame, responded to criticisms, saying that its high-viewing figures suggest that TV audiences are enjoying the show.

The third series is expected to be screened next year.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 01:40:44 pm »

and promises to correctly portrayed.

cheers
ken

So they will show them switching the names of the Olympic and Titanic :}   ONLY JOKING :kiss:

Thought that that was it For Downton..No more series..But then who thought Dallas would be reserected..

davidm1945

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 01:49:09 pm »

But then who thought Dallas would be reserected..

So the Earl of Grantham comes out of the shower to find it was all a dream........ 

The Earl of Grantham - good name for a ship!

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 04:54:42 pm »

The Earl of Grantham - good name for a ship!

Better than the Lady of Grantham  <*< <*<

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.