Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motors and Batteries  (Read 1902 times)

• Full Mayhemer
Motors and Batteries
« on: December 15, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »

I'm doing research on my next project a 1/96 US Light Cruiser.  A couple of things came up I would like some help on. I'm planning on using a 12V system with two ESC, turning  55mm props, I have used a Rokraft 120 ESC in the past. Now here's my first question on motors was thinking about a MFA 500 Motor with Gear Reduction 2.5:1 but looking at MFA's web site I saw a PLANETRY (EPICYCLIC) METAL GEARBOX. Don't know anything about these but they look like a better transmitter of the motor for torque. Any one use these or give me any advise.  On by Robbe U-47 I have used two 4500mAh  NiMH  wired in parallel. I thought I read somewhere that batteries in parallel sometimes work against each other, any comments. on the 1/96 CL I'm planning on using Acid Gel battery. So run two smaller wired in parallel or one big guy with a lot of amp hours.
 Any comments welcome
 Thanks  John

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Motors and Batteries
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »

Concerning the batteries, you should be OK if you wire in some big diodes to prevent back voltage flow from one to another.

regards

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Motors and Batteries
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:39:37 am »

Mfa motors can be a bit noisy. There are other options. A read of the forum will help you decide. John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.