Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S SANTA bringing you this year  (Read 3680 times)

nhp651

WHAT'S SANTA bringing you this year
« on: December 12, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »

I got my santa's present early this year, well one of them...............one of these sonic cutters from Workx........it has more cutting heads than you can shake a stick at....2400 watts of power and boy what a beafy thing...... nearly gives me a hernia lifting it , it's so heavy weight tooling.......

..I only got it cos the misses wanted me to fit out a new bathroom design and I pleaded idiocy that I didn't have the right tool to do multi jobs..really I wanted it to trim up my fibre glass moulds and she fell for it, lol
My other pressy is a limited copy print by Tim Thompson of a Lifeboat rescue scene.............the Daunt Rock Lightship Rescue scene, from Gold Medal Rescues.

now that'll take pride of place, probably on the Loo wall, knowing Swmbo

well, have a merry christmas one and all, and don't over indulge, or you won't get behind your work bench in the new year, {-) {-) {-)

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
Re: WHAT'S SANTA bringing you this year
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:52:48 pm »

My good lady hasnt told me yet - but I have a suspicion that it is a tidy selection of ferry books  :-)) :-)) :-))

And for good measure - to ensure my complete happiness - she gave me full permission to buy a classic (to me - remember I am only 48!!) 1981 motorbike.......the exact model I first bought after passing my test at 17.........but it needs restoration!!!!!

My workshop is HEAVEN - boats & motorbikes!!!!!!!!!

Carl

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 11:56:47 pm »

I know what we all will be getting for X'mas ................ THE BILL  O0

Dave

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 12:02:17 am »

And for good measure - to ensure my complete happiness - she gave me full permission to buy a classic (to me - remember I am only 48!!) 1981 motorbike.......the exact model I first bought after passing my test at 17.........but it needs restoration!!!!!
Carl
you're lucky carl...........when I suggest to my misses that I buy a classic motorcycle.....she just laughs hysterically and says...you can't get yer leg over now.....so you've no chance with an old bike............don't know what she means...............being 60 with a bad back in't all it's cracked up to be <:( <:( <:( <:(

bobk

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 12:13:53 am »

I only got a brief peek before being whisked away for wrapping, but how about a full library reference edition of Jane's Fighting Ships 1914.  It's a 42 year old official reprint (not modern 'facsimile'), superb condition in the original landscape format, but still feels like I should wear white gloves to handle it.  :-))  

craftysod

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 12:28:58 am »

Got my pressie a week ago from swmbo,a big wide screen monitor,for the pc.
So i can see wot you lot are writing,and enjoy your builds.
Gonna get her some wool,keep her busy,might buy a fender pattern  {-)
Mark

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 08:53:23 am »

I'm going a bit retro with part of my present from my wife this year .... One of the new kits from IPEngineering/VintageModelBoats , their version of the old Aerokits Sea Scout.  I've used quite a lot of their bits and pieces for my various Garden Railway builds so I'm hoping that it's up to their usual standard, which I've been more than happy with.    :-)

I expect there will be others attempting this one, so hopefully after Christmas there will the the odd thread or two on the builds, you'll certainly have to put up with mine...  {-)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 10:15:17 am »

you're lucky carl...........when I suggest to my misses that I buy a classic motorcycle.....she just laughs hysterically and says...you can't get yer leg over now.....so you've no chance with an old bike............don't know what she means...............being 60 with a bad back in't all it's cracked up to be <:( <:( <:( <:(

I sympathize on the back. I've got the same, but riding a motorbike, and I do have a couple of classics, I find is easier on the back than riding in a car. As for any other means of getting "your leg over", in my case its not welcome anyway, so may as well go with the bike.

John

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 10:42:07 am »

My present is here somewhere, I am not to touch it till Xmas day apparently

1000 parts and R/C, should keep me busy.

Wife got it from SHG who she said were extremely helpful.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Davew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 11:50:05 am »

Hi
DickD thats what I am getting to.
DaveW
I am not sure about this

pugwash

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 12:44:30 pm »

My pressie this year is a 1/96 scale hull for the 60s cruiser HMS Lion complete with turrets and full running gear.
A lot of scratch builidng here.
Biggest I have done yet 69 inches long.

Geoff

wullie/mk2

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:15:40 pm »

I collected my pezzie on Sunday, ...a Graupner Premium Line Bismarck in 1/150 scale,.it was S/H, but unsailed,...it was an Ornament,..and like new,i got 6 x 6v x 4ah batteries + charger, and a 2ch Transmitter/receiver, thrown in,...and it only cost my wife, a fraction on the new cost,...£500

chingdevil

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 04:30:08 pm »

I am getting a Hunter American Troop Carrier Hospital, dispatched today, and also some Planet 2.4ghz receivers to convert my other boats from 40meg. I have also hinted that I would like a daylight lamp with magnifier.

Brian

wullie/mk2

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 04:44:13 pm »

Does that mean that you might have some 40mhz Transmitter/receivers for sale soon,..if so give me a shout

rmaddock

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 05:48:28 pm »

I have wiped from my own memory the fact that I was asked to buy myself a motor, ESC and power distribution thingumy from Action.
I've no idea what I'm talking about.

Daemon

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 05:50:32 pm »

I'm getting a Fret saw off the missus, and a Blu-ray player and films off her and the kids. (but I'm not supposed to know about that ;) )

She's getting a laptop and various other things off me n the girls, a few to help with her OU degree.

colin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 06:48:04 pm »

I have the same present as Dicky D with the same instruction.
Colin
Born free Taxed to death.

andyn

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:00 pm »

Probably some coal, and if I'm very lucky some soot to go with it too...

Andy :-)

MikeA

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 07:06:03 pm »

my missus has got me some suprise presents.

rmaddock

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 07:07:18 pm »

I have also hinted that I would like a daylight lamp with magnifier.

Brian

Pester like you've never pestered before Brian! I got one for my Birthday this year, it's fantastic!

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 08:58:12 pm »

So far I have this Revell kit from the F-in Law, hoping to convert it to R/C...well I do like a challenge %%

SWMBO hasn't said anything yet? probably get a clip around the ear for making 'horrible smells' (I've been melting lead to ballast the Snowberry :D!!!)

Roll on Xmas day...we are off for a family dinner at a local Toby Inn...so I don't need to cook the turkey/spuds/sprouts etc this year...Yippee!

The Toby is on the beach front at St Annes...next to the lifeboat station :-)...might have a paddle after eating Xmas dins...
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.