Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ton Class detail photos  (Read 4242 times)

badbunny

Ton Class detail photos
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:48:05 pm »

Hi,

has anyone got a set of detail photos of a Ton Class? After several years abstinence from model building I'm on the verge of commiting to a new build Ton, but want to get hold of a decent amount of detail shots first - I am umming and ahhing between going the 1/48 Sirmar route, or the 1/38 Models by design hull, or to just do my own thing and scratch build at 1/40 :D

Thanks,
Pete.

pettyofficernick

Re: Ton Class detail photos
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:01:52 pm »

I have a few of HMS Iveston, sweep gear and weapon gone Iveston is now a cadet training ship and lives in Tilbury docks. I also have some of Bronnington, now sadly rotting away in Birkenhead Docks. If you think they may be of help, I can e-mail them to you. I think I may have posted a couple of the Bronington. If there was anything specific, I could probably nip down and take some pics for you, she is complete, just listing to starboard and has trees growing out of her.
regards,
Nick :-)) :-)) :-))

badbunny

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:04 pm »

Hi Nick, thanks for the offer of photos. I've pm'd you my email address.
I might take you up on the offer for extra pics as I start to build up a collection of photos if I find I've got any gaps - very kind of you!

Cheers,
Pete.

horatio123

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:50:08 am »

A few photos of my HMS Kirkliston as minehunter might be of help to you ?

dinger II

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 05:15:30 pm »

had a message from a friend of a friend of a friend that you are considering building a Ton Don't do it been on with mine for seven years now and still not finished  1/38 ton HMS Quainton M1175 ( Northumbria Tyne Division ) there are a multitude of differences depending on the builder and the era, Bridges , anchor winches, engine room casings, etc, etc forget the plans available in the UK the most accurate plan i obtained was from Australia and after many years cross reference pictures and memory.

if you require any more info i or pics will try my best.

dinger II

farrow

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:10 pm »

Have you googled for the Ton class association, might get some usual pics there, but as digger says, the vessels where modified heavily during their for various tasks. Interesting one would be those armed as gunboats during the Malayan/Indonisia confrontation, alot of good saliors died during that affair for Queen and Country.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »

A few photos of my HMS Kirkliston as minehunter might be of help to you ?

Blimey! What an excellent build! Is that scratch too?

snowwolflair

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 12:03:30 am »

Your best bet is to get on board HMS Bronington in Gillbrook basin Birkenhead (before she sinks)

Also the Ton class Association may be able to help.

Also this vid may be of use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_cGaNjqQ_g
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.