Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR ALL SADDO'S  (Read 1876 times)

nhp651

FOR ALL SADDO'S
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:49 am »

For all S.A.D. sufferers ( those that suffer the Seasonally Affected Disorder ) ................just two days to go before the winter solstice on 21st December, and then the nights start getting lighter again, whoooppppeeeeeee!! :} :} :} :} :} :}

Happy solstice time, and for those, world wide, who do suffer from it, like myself........they alone will know how much this means to us!!!

neil.

Stiggolas

Re: FOR ALL SADDO'S
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »

Pedant alert!!!

The nights started getting lighter from the 15th, but the mornings get darker at a quicker rate until the 21st, hence the shortest overall day is the 21st  ok2

wartsilaone

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:20:32 pm »

You'll have to wait an extra day for the solstice this year.

Ali.

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 03:46:58 pm »

whoooppppeeeeeee for me too ! I hate this dark days and I'm just like bear or marmott during that time...  Now I'm waiting the end of Xmas and New Year time as it's a very good time when you are kids. Now it's just commercial think. I like to give and to receive gift anyday in the year, same for parties and good food...  As you see this dark days makes me grumpy  {-)

lets go to the bed like a marmott waiting for longer sunny days ... So lucky the Australian, NZ and so !!!

Xtian

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:32:12 am »

One advantage we have where I live is we get over 300 days of sunshine a year, Neil there is a light that you can buy & sit in front of every morning for about a 1/2 hour that helps a lot to get rid of the SAD effects. am I right ?. Mick B.
Mick B.

chingdevil

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:31 am »

My wife has one of these lamps, very efective I brought hers from Boots on the advice of her GP :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Brian

brianB6

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:01:17 am »

Pity us all "Downunder"
Our days are about to get shorter.  <:(
Bring on the night sailing.  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.