Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem Medical Section  (Read 101654 times)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: .........Medical Section ...........
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2011, 12:51:35 am »

My wife carries out intimate and sometimes painful examinations without using gloves or other aids  <:(

Wallet, Pockets, Bank & Credit cards ..........

Dave

pugwash

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2011, 01:04:25 am »

True but funny Dave
 :-)) :-)) :-))
Geoff

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2011, 03:47:02 am »

My wife carries out intimate and sometimes painful examinations without using gloves or other aids  <:(

Wallet, Pockets, Bank & Credit cards ..........

Dave

Lucky bloke, at least you have    "Wallet, Pockets, Bank & Credit cards .........." <:( <:( <:( <:(

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2011, 10:16:28 am »

Hi Tug Kenny, I had an experience of a 'grid of dots' in my right eye and I was amazed at the speed the NHS moved.  Withing 40 minutes of leaving the doc's surgery I was being looked at by an eye consultant, I am pretty sure he also diagnosed       Posterial Vitreous Detatchment.  But after a few days the dots just vanished or maybe my brain cancelled them out!
I have a few floaters in both eyes but I can shake my head a bit and they move away from central vision.  If anyone wants to check if you have any look at a white ceiling.

I had a prostate op 3 years ago, involving the scrape out, mine was quite large and I had the benefit of the consultant there as he was training the other guy.  It is amazing just how big a tube can be inserted!!!  I was awake and had the epidural injection, which I would recommend.
In retrospect I only read the small print of the operation 2 days before the op, I later found out that there are other ways of shrinking the prostate, leaving some 'vital' bits still working.
Anyone had an alternative op?
regards Roy

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2011, 12:02:15 pm »

What a wealth of letters we have on this subject. I expect our younger members are raising their eyes to the heavens.  It does seem that old age doesn't come alone and we can all draw comfort from each other's stories.

Next problem please.    :} :}

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2011, 12:20:06 pm »

What a wonderful forum to be a member of, is there nothing we do not have an answer for. Thank you again Martin you should be very proud. As for you Kenny I am so glad your news was good. Enjoy the Holidays everyone. Mick B.
Mick B.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2011, 12:26:52 pm »

Hi Tug Kenny, I had an experience of a 'grid of dots' in my right eye and I was amazed at the speed the NHS moved.  Withing 40 minutes of leaving the doc's surgery I was being looked at by an eye consultant, I am pretty sure he also diagnosed       Posterial Vitreous Detatchment.  But after a few days the dots just vanished or maybe my brain cancelled them out!
I have a few floaters in both eyes but I can shake my head a bit and they move away from central vision.  If anyone wants to check if you have any look at a white ceiling.

I had a prostate op 3 years ago, involving the scrape out, mine was quite large and I had the benefit of the consultant there as he was training the other guy.  It is amazing just how big a tube can be inserted!!!  I was awake and had the epidural injection, which I would recommend.
In retrospect I only read the small print of the operation 2 days before the op, I later found out that there are other ways of shrinking the prostate, leaving some 'vital' bits still working.
Anyone had an alternative op?
regards Roy

That's exactly what they also do here in OZ for an enlarged prostate, only down side is high risk of bladder infection, and is very painful, otherwise all back to normal.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2011, 12:48:45 pm »

Can anyone help me ? - slipped on the snow and fractured my arm - no model making or sailing for me  :((

Ouch!  My sympathies Tony, what was you doing out in the snow?!?!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ben hall

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2011, 01:19:22 pm »

i had my tonciles out about 4/5 weeks ago   have been waiting for the op for ages     it all went well back to building boat 3 days later    but 4 days since the op and i had a bleed was in hospital for 4 days on 2 drips the first 30 hour or so    blood and water drips and on a water drip for the rest of the time the food was nice  but there was another boy in there waiting for an op and he came in 9 in the morning had not eaten anything since 12 hours before  and at 10 pm he was still waiting to go into surgery and he still hadn't eaten then there was a boy totaly covered in plaster exept his face broke both his arms and one of his legs skatee boarding at the skate park  so it was a busy last day at the hospital

tony52

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »

Ouch!  My sympathies Tony, what was you doing out in the snow?!?!

On the pavement walking towards my car 9am on a Saturday. Now have a blue cast on it. --- Why is it that members of your forum suspect I had been for a drink!!

the food was nice 
Which hospital is this? must be first!

ben hall

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2011, 04:52:02 pm »

nhs hospital  st marys   my faviroute was bangers and mash for lunch by the time the chance to order came they only had one sausage left >>:-(  but my mum went to shop and got me a jumbo sausage roll

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »

Tony52 and all who have to walk on ice, try a set of Yaktrax . They are rubber framed spring-like cleats that go over your shoes. About £15 from outdoor shops.
..well can you land on this?

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2011, 06:34:20 pm »

You mean like we wear here in Canada for 6 months a year, I am an expert at walking on ice , why you may ask ? Because there is plenty around here to practice on. Mick B.
Mick B.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2011, 06:51:04 pm »

That is right Mick, I`m at North 57, but for the Gulf Stream most of the UK would be wearing them too.  Of course I`m sure your railway system doesn't suffer the "wrong kind of snow" in winter or "leaves on the rails" in autumn. %)

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »

On the pavement walking towards my car 9am on a Saturday. Now have a blue cast on it. --- Why is it that members of your forum suspect I had been for a drink!!Which hospital is this? must be first!

Bcause it is not snowing  :o :o :o %) %) %) {-) {-) {-)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2011, 06:26:23 am »

Hi Arty, you guys in OZZ have it soft, you probably have never seen ice except in your scotch,LOL. Merry Xmas & a very happy New Year, Mick B in the frozen north.
Mick B.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2011, 06:43:31 am »

Hi Arty, you guys in OZZ have it soft, you probably have never seen ice except in your scotch,LOL. Merry Xmas & a very happy New Year, Mick B in the frozen north.

Mick,

What ice, it's to blooming hot, the ice melts.  %% %% %%
Not to worry, I don't drink  {-) {-) {-) {-)

All the best to you and yours   O0 O0 O0  :-)) :-)) :-))

tony52

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2011, 08:21:10 am »

Tony52 and all who have to walk on ice, try a set of Yaktrax . They are rubber framed spring-like cleats that go over your shoes. About £15 from outdoor shops.

Thanks arrow5 - managed to order some from QVC shopping channel.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2011, 09:20:06 pm »

you guys in OZ have it soft, you probably have never seen ice except in your scotch

Mick, what's this, then? :-) Photos taken in the NSW snow fields O0 When I was coach driving, we used to do a lot of trips to the snow, and I would go skiing 3 or 4 times each season.

Peter.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2011, 07:52:54 am »

Hi Peter I am at present in Maui & I can confirm that there is a real lack of snow around here. It is so funny, I left Canada this morning & there was snow & minus 15 below, 6 hours later I am in Maui & it is 85 above. seeing Christmas trees & decorations in this weather is very strange indeed. Peter I did know you got a wee bit of snow down under but I can live quite happily without it now after having it for 44 years in Canada, Merry Christmas & a happy New Year to you & yours, Peter, we will probably both be on the beach soaking up the sun, Mick B.
Mick B.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2011, 02:58:37 pm »

I am at present in Maui

Mick - it is quite obvious to all that you are only 'somewhere' in Mayhemland O0 {-)

Dave

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2011, 04:17:03 pm »

..our Irish friend , we want to know about model boating in that tropical paradise...if you can drag yourself away from the beach/poolside/bar/hula dancers etc etc ...me jealous , never  {:-{ :(( {-)

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2011, 09:08:50 pm »

Arrow,

Mick is probably body surfing as an outrigger on their canoes, prior to building one.
It's called hands on research.%) %) %) {-) {-) {-)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2011, 09:16:43 pm »

Hi Arrow just checked on line , no Boat clubs I am afraid. However I will try to get lost near the docks if possible to get some pictures. We are only in this location for a day as by coming one day early the air fare was less than half if we had arrived today instead, don't ask me why. We have as you can see internet at this location, I hope we do in our permanent location. Contrary to popular belief we North Americans are not filthy rich,we had loads of air miles from our business card, no debt & no mortgage so it leaves a few bob in your pocket @ the end of the year. I don't know how much longer I will be up to taking trips like this so I am doing it while I still can . I love travel & taking photos of what makes different places tick. If possible will give you an update later. Mick B.
Mick B.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2011, 09:45:44 pm »

I don't know how much longer I will be up to taking trips like this so I am doing it while I still can

With you all the way there Mick! Do it while you can, you won't regret it.

Colin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.