Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem Medical Section  (Read 101668 times)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: .........Medical Section ...........
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2011, 02:12:45 am »

Hi Guys

I had to work X'mas day in Crewe Station area - caught my foot on a cable and went down hard and fast
erm.........and I am a generously proportioned guy - fully ready for a two year famine or basting.  {-)

Ended up in Crewe A&E - in, triaged, x-rayed, doctored, medicated, out - all in just over an hour   :o :-))

Knees hurt, hands hurt, left wrist splinted, a wonderful groin injury that they thought might be a pelvic fracture,
and you know what - I am soooooooooo happy :o

As I fell (thankfully breaking the fall) my mouth just kissed a raised metal plate (a LERP) which placed a large
metal bolt at my forehead ................... Oh I think it was almost check out time there boys.
Ah well the drugs mean no Magic Mead this X'mas hol, and the fall means loads and loads of forms to fill in.

Seasons Regards Dave

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2011, 02:20:41 am »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm those forms will be no fun to fill in Norseman ..... >>:-( <*<

But the important thing is you are OK........ :-)) regards from OZ........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2011, 11:42:00 am »

Glad you survived to tell the tale. Get well soon Dave.

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2011, 09:08:17 pm »

Really sorry to hear about this Dave.

I hope you make a full recovery...kettle is always on here if you're in the area again.

JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

ben hall

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2011, 09:12:13 pm »

just my luck this week friday i start not fealing  to goodchrismas eve i couldnt sleep chrismas morning i was throwing up all morning i could barely eat christmas dinner    and now i cant eat i have a red inflamed swollen throat and i haveto sqeze a stess ball every time i gulp a tiny bit     >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

nhp651

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »

good ol' Toncilitis, KK.....have em out.....dry toast for a fortnight.hope you feel better soon.

nhp651

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

Hi Guys

I had to work X'mas day in Crewe Station area - caught my foot on a cable and went down hard and fast
erm.........and I am a generously proportioned guy - fully ready for a two year famine or basting.  {-)

Ended up in Crewe A&E - in, triaged, x-rayed, doctored, medicated, out - all in just over an hour   :o :-))

Knees hurt, hands hurt, left wrist splinted, a wonderful groin injury that they thought might be a pelvic fracture,

As I fell (thankfully breaking the fall) my mouth just kissed a raised metal plate (a LERP) which placed a large
metal bolt at my forehead ................... Oh I think it was almost check out time there boys.
Ah well the drugs mean no Magic Mead this X'mas hol, and the fall means loads and loads of forms to fill in.

Seasons Regards Dave

As for you Dave.......Told you before........TAKE MORE WATER WITH IT..........escpecially when you're driving those train thingy's

hope you feel better soon Matey, and I'll raise a glass for you tonight seeing as you can't.........I'm all heart, I know. :D :D

ben hall

« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2011, 12:57:04 pm »

thats the anoying thing i used to get tonsillitis but have had them out know  but this is the throat being inflamed apparently nothing to do with toncilites and i have no history of throught infections apart from tonsillitis

the good thing is ican drink without crying   it still causes a lot of pain though but i think its dying down

The long Build

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2011, 05:11:51 pm »

Hi Guys

Seasons Regards Dave

Ouch..

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2012, 10:27:06 am »

Hi all , today I have lost a very dear friend to cancer. He was born in England & never lost his British sense of humour. He was very honest & a very loyal friend & although we knew he had not long to live it was still a terrible shock to us. He was only 61 years old. I have shed many tears tonight as I write this. It is 3.30pm but sleep will not come tonight, life is so unfair sometimes, Mick B.
Mick B.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2012, 11:55:09 am »

Mayhemers ........sorry .........tonight as I type...

deleted by dw........... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Patrick Henry

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2012, 12:06:42 pm »

Same  as that Mick, I feel for you...I lost a very good friend and sweeper driver work mate last Sunday. Just back from six weeks in Oz, landed Saturday night, died at home Sunday morning due to a massive heart attack. At least he didn't suffer, the paramedics told his wife he was dead before he hit the floor...that was his one wish that when his time was up he would go quickly and quietly.

Rest in peace, Fireman Sam...

On a lighter note (if I may) after fifty plus years of smoking, I am now on my tenth day of quitting. On my last visit to the doctor, he told me in no uncertain terms that if I didn't stop now, then it wouldn't be worth me booking a summer holiday, because I probably wouldn't make it. My ladyfriend also stopped a week before me, we are both using those E-cigs...wonderful things, wish I'd bought one before. I haven't wanted a smoke, haven't missed the nicotine, and believe it or not, my food is beginning to taste better even after just ten days.

Rich

ben hall

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2012, 07:01:10 pm »

my neibour was coming back from eygipt early because of the trouble starting up as he was getting on the plane had a heart attack his ex partner now his best mate who he was living with didnt find out for a month because they lost all of his details  so he had to get a friend out there to check in tghe hospitals   and he got the body back 2 months after he found out he was dead 

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »

Today's little worry ....   SHINGLES

No, it's not me, but my good lady.  Any cures or advice please.

We've been on the Web and were inundated with reasons and symptoms but not much in the way of soothing sympathy !!
                                            <:(

ken

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2012, 02:06:32 pm »

Antiviral tablets are one treatment. Consult your GP.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2012, 02:15:45 pm »

Cheers for that subculture.

We took some photo's but I've been banned from transmitting them as it might frighten the children.  I have learnt that it's a 'hang on' from Chicken pox and is contagious to all around it.

Being so cold outside has stopped me going out and spreading it, so some good there eh !!  We checked Wikepedia and the first picture on the page is exactly a duplicate of my picture.  O0

ken

ps   horrible pictures here ......... not suitable for those with a disposition of any kind  .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_zoster

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2012, 02:19:42 pm »

I had a friend who had shingles and was off work for quite a while - only good news was
he lost a lot of weight whilst ill and looked ten years younger when he came back. I'd need
to get a few doses just to make a dent in my weight.

Hope your good lady gets well soon.

Dave

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2012, 02:24:55 pm »

Thanks Dave.

I should imagine one dose was enough.   {:-{     I'm waiting to start scratching cause I'm one degree down with the sniffles myself.  :}     Haven't  touched a boat for a week

ken

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »

If you have not already done so contact your GP or take her to your local NHS drop in centre WITHOUT DELAY. The soomer treatmeat begins the the better it will be.

LB

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2012, 03:39:49 pm »

Cheers for that subculture.
 I have learnt that it's a 'hang on' from Chicken pox and is contagious to all around it.

Shingles is only contagious to those who haven't had chicken pox, if you or others have had chicken pox, you can't 'catch' shingles.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2012, 03:50:44 pm »

Haven't  touched a boat for a week

Don't worry - your boats can't catch it  {-)

Dave

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2012, 03:54:09 pm »

Unless you run them up the beach at speed   %% %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

catengineman

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

Are you sure?
Tug---Kenny's boats may get shingles on the bottom if beached or sunk  >:-o

on a serious note get the medical attention as soon as a relative of SWMBO has gone blind because shingles got to her eyes and there was nothing done about it and now its too late.

Don't want to scare you but get her to the medic asap.

pugwash

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2012, 05:30:14 pm »

As we all know there is a lot of junk written about medical problems on the Web.  I have just asked Sheila and she recommends
thefollowing website which all the doctors in her practise used to advise their patients to have a look at if they wanted infomation sheets
about a particular condition.  I believe it is written by medical professionals not someone who had an aunt who had a cousin who's nextdoor neighbour
might have caught something similar.
She did say catch it early and it can sometimes be treated with anti- virals.  Otherwise it is painkillers (apparently it very sore) and soothing creams like
Calomine Lotion.  She advised get to GP ASAP

GEoff

http://www.patient.co.uk/search.asp?searchterm=shingles&searchcoll=All&x=13&y=9

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2012, 11:43:02 am »

Today seems an improvement.  It's on the upper back and side of her arm but no new outbreaks so it seems to be settling . We are using the creams and it's looking all-right at the moment.

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. We can now worry about my sniffles.  :}

Cheers,

ken

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.